Planning to sell your home? Want to hold a garage sale or build a new shed?
When do you need a permit?
- Building a house or addition
- Building a garage, shed, barn etc.
- Building a secondary suite (basement suites, garage suites etc.)
- Building a fence
- Finishing a basement
- Building a deck - New! Apply for your permit online.
- Enclosing a deck, building a sunroom or solarium
- Installing a pool or hot tub
- Installing a wood stove or fireplace insert
How do you apply for a permit?
Electrical, plumbing and gas permits are available online and are issued over the counter.
Permit application forms - print and fill safety code permit applications
Permit fees - printable fee schedules
Apply in person at :
Planning and Development Services
2001 Sherwood Drive
Sherwood Park, AB, T8A 3W7
Hours: 8:30am - 4:30pm
Do you need permission to have a business in your home?
Yes, permits are required to operate a home business.
When can you finish your landscaping?
As soon as you receive your final lot grading certificate.
Did you know?
- Tips when selling your home - information on statement of compliance process
- Garage sales signs - where and when can you post them
- Frequently asked questions - questions on permitting
- Addressing queries - how do addresses get assigned
- Inspection process - where, when and how to book an inspection