For your business needs in Strathcona County, contact the Economic Development and Tourism department
Strathcona County is a thriving community for business and industry. As one of the largest municipalities in Alberta, our region offers a robust and supportive environment for business.
What we do
A proactive community for business
- No business licenses, no registration fees
- Home to over 8,000 businesses ranging from large corporations to home-based businesses
- Access to a market area of 1.16 million
- The Sherwood Park & District Chamber of Commerce has over 1,000 members, and is the third-largest business chamber in Alberta
- A founding member of Alberta's Industrial Heartland, home to 75 per cent of refining in Western Canada.
- 95,597 (68,782 in Sherwood Park, 26,815 in rural areas)*
- 12.1 per cent population growth over the past five years, (compared to 5.9 per cent for the Canadian average)
- One of the highest disposable incomes in Alberta ($144,425 for average household)
Source: 2011 Federal Census, National Household Survey. * Strathcona County Municipal Census.
For more information, see our news release: Strathcona County experiences double-digit growth
- Less than 30 minutes from the Edmonton International Airport and only 20 minutes from downtown Edmonton
- Connected by Trans-Canada Yellowhead Highway (Highway 16) and Anthony Henday Drive (Highway 216) and other major highways
- Rail service by both CN and Canadian Pacific
- Transit services for local and commuter trips
- Over 55.3% of residents over the age of 15 with some post-secondary education
- Best place in Canada for jobs (Source: MoneySense Magazine, 2012)
Have questions about starting a business in Strathcona County? Contact the Economic Development and Tourism office for more information