Information for students
Strathcona County Transit provides transportation to students attending schools within Sherwood Park or in Edmonton.
Information on this page:
- University of Alberta: Routes 404 and 414
- NAIT: Route 413
- MacEwan City Centre: Routes 401, 411, and 413
Visit the Schedules and routes page for trip times and route maps.
For other schools, students should use a combination of Strathcona County Transit and Edmonton Transit.
To plan your trip call 780-464-RIDE (7433) or use Google Maps.
Use Google Maps to plan your trip
- Go to Google Maps
- Select the "Directions" bent arrow at the top of the screen
- Select the transit icon from the top of the menu
- Enter your starting point and destination
U-Passes are valid for Strathcona County Transit, St. Albert Transit and Edmonton Transit. Qualifying post-secondary students are provided with a U-Pass through their schools.
Participating schools include:
- Valid at all times during fall (September to December), winter (January to April) and spring/summer (May to August) terms.
- U-Pass holders do not need to purchase regular transit passes.
What if I do not qualify for a U-Pass?
You can purchase a youth/student commuter pass available at all Strathcona County Transit vendors. Passes are valid for youth 17-years-old and younger or for those with a valid student ID.
Strathcona County Transit provides bus service to Archbishop Jordan Catholic High School (ABJ). All other high school students are provided with bussing service options through their school boards. ABJ students can take the following routes:
- Route 430 (161.5 KB) to get to school from Bethel Transit Terminal
- Route 431 (202.4 KB) after school to return to Bethel Transit Terminal
- Route 433A (168.7 KB) for students who live in Charlton Heights, Lakeland Ridge, Chelsea Heights, Clarkdale Meadows and Davidson Creek. This route goes directly to ABJ.
Archbishop Jordan students who are part of the school-supplied pass program who have lost their pass will no longer receive free replacement passes.
Important reminders for students:
- Plan to be at your stop a minimum of five minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive.
- Bus passes are provided to qualifying students by the school board. Contact your school for more information.
- Don’t forget your bus pass.