Visual Arts Program Instructor (Contract)
Recreation, Parks and Culture
Visual Arts Program Instructors are hired part time on a contract basis to teach high quality visual art programs to adults, children and teens at the Smeltzer House Visual Arts Centre, The Clay Hut and Gallery@501. Programs include adult art classes, children’s/teens’ art classes, children’s pottery classes, children’s craft classes, art gallery tours and school group programs.
A wide range of programs are offered including drawing, painting, sculpture, photography, fiber arts, pottery, crafts, etc. Classes are offered in the evening, after school, weekends and daytime and are flexible around the instructor’s availability.
- Develop course material and curriculum
- Instruct classes, communicating clearly to participants
- Create a positive, encouraging, fun learning environment
- Education in the visual arts
- A high level of personal skill and knowledge as an artist in the area of instruction
- Excellent communication skills; teaching experience is an asset
- Passion for community arts programming
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- High degree of creativity, flexibility and problem-solving ability
- Ability to deal with program participants in a positive, professional way
- Standard First Aid and CPR may be required
- Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check
Wages will be determined based on education and experience.
Competition #165-2014-RPC closes September 30, 2014.
Strathcona County Human Resources
2001 Sherwood Drive
Sherwood Park, AB T8A 3W7
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We contact only candidates selected for interviews