Seniors Outreach Worker
Family and Community Services
The Seniors Outreach Worker will focus on strengthening the well-being and improving the quality of life for Strathcona County seniors.
- Conducts home visits with seniors and their families who have complex issues (social isolation, grief/loss, mental health, transportation, advocacy, housing, health and addictions)
- Conducts needs assessments, develops case plans and provides information, advocacy and supportive referrals; develops trusting relationships
- Facilitates and monitors the client’s progress towards attaining goals and make adjustments to case plans as necessary
- Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with community agencies and organizations to coordinate a collaborative approach to service delivery
- Develops knowledge of community resources and programs, monitor trends and facilitates a collaborative response to service gaps
- Documents all activities including records of assessment, interviews, case notes and relevant sections of the New Org Database
- Monitors, evaluates and implements changes as needed to ensure program effectiveness and efficiency
- Represents Strathcona County at local and regional meetings and events to advocate for the needs of seniors in our community
- A post-secondary degree in the Human Services field, a minimum of three years experience working with seniors and their families and an understanding of gerontology and the aging process
- A client-centered approach including the ability to build trusting, positive relationships with seniors and their families
- Ability to conduct home visits and outreach work, crisis intervention with clients and case conference with service providers
- Ability to work collaboratively with seniors, families and other service providers, as well as develop knowledge of community resources and programs
- Ability to adapt to a flexible work schedule that may include evenings and weekends and to work alone and as a team member
- Criminal record check and vulnerable sector check are conditions of employment
- First Aid Certificate, valid driver’s license and driver’s abstract is required
The salary range for this permanent position is $60,533 to $75,657, working days and evenings, 35 hours per week.
Competition #155-2014-FCS remains open until a suitable candidate is identified.
Strathcona County Human Resources
2001 Sherwood Drive
Sherwood Park, AB T8A 3W7
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We contact only candidates selected for interviews