Preschool Instructor II
Recreation, Parks and Culture
Kinsmen Leisure Centre
The Preschool Instructor II will plan and prepare a well balanced preschool program to enhance the social, emotional and physical development of preschool children.
- Develop course material and curriculum based on learning objectives and create detailed daily activities and schedules
- Instruct up to 20 children promoting social, emotional and intellectual growth
- Model behaviours, observe children and conduct assessments to modify programs to meet the needs to the individual children
- Create a safe environment for children through regular inspections by following safety policies and procedures
- Communicate with childrens’ guardians regarding any concerns, issues, allergies or health problems
- Knowledge of additional programs and resources within the community
- Participate in training sessions and meetings for the purpose of sharing information and improving skills and knowledge
- Early Childhood Development Diploma or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Proven communication, leadership and team-building skills
- The ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team in a constantly changing environment
- A high degree of creativity, flexibility and problem-solving ability
- Receptiveness to feedback from supervisors and parents
- The ability to deal with parents in a positive, professional and constructive way
- Maintain current first aid and CPR award, WHMIS certification, RCMP records check and Child Welfare check
- Outstanding customer service skills
- The flexibility to adapt to changing work demands
- Must be receptive to feedback from supervisors and parents
Candidates selected for an interview will be asked to undergo a criminal records check.
The hourly wage range for this part-time position is $21.95 to $27.44 working daytime, evening and weekend shifts.
Competition #PSII-RPC is an ongoing competition and successful candidates will be contacted as needed.