Preschool Instructor I
Recreation, Parks and Culture
Kinsmen Leisure Centre
The Preschool Instructor I will assist the lead Instructor in providing a well balanced preschool program including room set-up and take down, program preparation and supervision of children.
- Provide assistance with the social, emotional and physical development of preschool children supporting them with their intellectual growth, socialization skills and motor development
- Create a safe environment for children through regular inspections and following safety policies and procedures
- Communicate with Instructor II regarding any concerns, issues, allergies and health problems relating to the children
- Assist Instructor II with classroom management
- Participate in various training sessions and meetings for the purpose of sharing information and improving skills and knowledge
- A high school diploma and experience working with children; Early Childhood Development training preferred
- Proven communication, leadership and team-building skills
- The ability to work with minimal supervision as part of a team in a constantly changing environment and receive feedback from supervisors and Instructor II
- Maintain current first aid and CPR award, WHMIS certification, RCMP records check and Child Welfare check
- Outstanding customer service skills
- The flexibility to adapt to changing work demands
- Must be receptive to feedback from supervisors and parents
Candidates selected for an interview will be asked to undergo a criminal records check.
The hourly wage range for this part-time position is $16.71 to $20.89, working daytime, evening and weekend shifts.
Competition #PSI-RPC is an ongoing competition and successful candidates will be contacted as needed.