Competition number: 215-2014-CPC
Closing date: Dec. 5, 2014
Competition status: Closed
Job type: Full time
Department: Capital Planning and Construction
Pay range: $64,574 to $80,717 (annually)
Hours: 35 per week
Today, technology is what drives our world, and each day it evolves rapidly. As an Engineering Technologist with Strathcona County you will have the opportunity to part of the ever-changing landscape of technology and how it’s used to effectively plan, design and manage the construction of safe, sustainable transportation infrastructure while leaving a positive impact on the Community.
- Responsible to the Supervisor, Design in the formation and development of transportation designs and related transportation engineering drawings and mapping using a variety of Autodesk Products
- Provides a Key Role in the “Field to Finish” projects consisting of conceptual plans, detailed design and as-builts
- Develops detailed engineering designs and drafting of municipal infrastructure, roadways, multi-use trails, parking lots, and utilities based on base maps, survey data, as-builts, and utility drawings for design purposes
- Creates as-builts for in-house municipal infrastructure projects upon their completion
- Creates thematic mapping updates of annual project locations in the 5 year Capital Plan and beyond in support of department budgeting, utilizing GIS-related software programs
- Creates ad-hoc and information drawings for use in public information, website, and Council venues
- Completes general drafting assignments for department specific needs including budget, reports, public presentation, newspaper advertisements, for varies stakeholders
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology from an accredited Canadian College
- Accredited as a Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T.) with the Association of Science & Engineering Technology Professionals of Alberta
- Minimum 3 years experience using current Autodesk and Transoft products: such as Autodesk Civil 3D, Infraworks 360, Autodesk 360, Vault Professional and Autoturn, Torus
- Experience in GIS-related software programs, such as ESRI and Autodesk products
- Knowledge of Transportation Association of Canada’s Geometric Design Guide for Canadian Highways, Alberta Transportation’s Highway Design Guide, and Strathcona County’s Design & Construction Standards
- Ability to adapt and develop new skills and methods to meet the changing technological demand of the workplace
- Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License
Back to Careers
How to apply
Current career opportunities
- Active: Accepting applications until 11:59 pm MST on the closing date.
- Screening: Applications are under review.
- Interviewing: Applicants have been selected for interviews.
- Closed: A candidate has been selected and/or competition has closed.
- Ongoing: Accepting applications, which will be reviewed on an as-needed basis.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for submitting their resumes. Only those candidates chosen to continue through the selection process will be contacted.