Over 10% of the population in Strathcona County are youth. We provide a variety of programs, services and volunteer opportunities for youth of all ages.
- Fringe Theatre Adventures (74.5 KB)
Perform and work with kids this summer!
- Teen Talk Something on your mind? Lets talk! "Teen Talk" is an opportunity for youth from Strathcona County to come together and participate in youth lead discussions about issues such as bullying, drugs, school, relationships, parents, school etc. that are facing youth today. Join us May 14 from 6 - 9 p.m. at the Boys and Girls Club of Strathcona County, 3 Spruce Avenue, Sherwood Park. A Wrap-up Party is on June 25 from 3 - 6 p.m.
- Strathcona County Youth Facebook Page Connect with other youth and find out what fun stuff is going on in the County. Make sure you like and share this page so you and your friends don’t miss out!
- 2014 High Five Awards
Come and celebrate with the adults who have made a difference in the lives of our children and youth.
Strathcona County Youth Council is recruiting!
Be the Difference. Be a Leader. Be Heard. Join the Strathcona Youth Council! We are looking for new members in grade 7-12. If you are interested in volunteering, meeting new people and becoming more involved in your community check out our Youth Council page
Programs and Services
- Asset Development
Strength based approach to developing healthy youth.
Individual, couple and family counselling.
Lifelong learning opportunities.
- Family School Liaison Program
Supports families to deal with emotional and behavioural issues that impact learning.
Peer support and/or facilitator led.
- KEYS Program
Keys to Empowering Youth to Succeed for grades 7-12; based in FR Haythorne School.
- Leaders in Training
Help with Recreation, Parks and Culture summer programs.
- Parent Teen Conflict Resolution
For parents and teens experiencing conflict with each other.
- Trauma Support Program
For families who are coping with the effects of domestic violence and/or parent mental health issues.
- Youth Council
A volunteering opportunity for youth grade 7-12 to join in, help out and be heard.
- Youth Directory
A guide to local resources for youth.
- Youth Mentoring
Youth are matched with Strathcona County mentors in departments that best fir their future career goals.
- Youth Outreach
Provides youth with advocacy, support and connections to community resources.