Canada Day Frequently Asked Questions
- Activities included & ticket information
- Stage Performances
- General Information
- Becoming a volunteer
Where does the free Park N’ Ride departs from?
- Bethel Transit Terminal off Baseline Road
What is the Park N’ Ride schedule?
- Departures start at 8:30 a.m. from Bethel Transit Terminal (650 Bethel Drive) to Broadmoor Lake Park operating every 15 minutes. Last departure will be at 11:30 p.m.
- Returns start at 8:45 a.m. from in front of Festival Place operating every 15 minutes. Last departure will be at 11:45 p.m.
Where is the bus reroute during the Canada Day Parade?
The Canada Day transit service will be rerouted from Festival Place to the Sherwood Park Arena (2015 Oak Street) between 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. for the Canada Day Parade. For local service call Dial-A-Bus at 780-464-RIDE (7433). Remember to book your Dial-A-Bus trip a minimum of one hour before you desired travel time.
Remember, local transit service in Sherwood Park is free after 6 p.m.
Where can I park my bike?
- Bike racks are available in the Sherwood Park Arena parking lot (south west corner of the parking lot). Remember your bike lock.
Where can I park when I arrive at the Festival?
- Although all parking is free, we encourage you to car-pool or use the FREE public transit to the Festival. Parking is extremely limited.
Parking is available at the
- Community Centre underground parkade (Limited accessible parking available)
- Limited handicap parking available in the Sherwood Park Arena parking lot (valid permit required)
- St. Theresa Catholic School parking lots
- East side of Salisbury Composite High School
Please note, if you park at the Community Centre parking lots, you will not be able to leave the parking lot during the parade (approximately 10:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.)
Don’t let your incredible day at the Festival be ruined; remember to remove valuables from your car.
Will there be any road closures?
- Festival Lane will be closed from 7 a.m. – 12 noon (Festival Avenue will be open)
Where will there be restricted parking along Oak Street
- Parking on Oak Street from south of the Broadmoor Public Golf Course to Sherwood Drive will be for residents only on July 1st. Parking passes will be required for street parking and will be monitored. Please ensure you display your parking pass.
Why isn’t the whole festival free?
Although the majority of activities and performances are free, there are a few exceptions. In order to maintain the high number of activities and performances, the cost of specific activities goes back to the festival to pay for itself. We also have many dedicated sponsors who help cover the cost of the activities and services.
When and where can you purchase a wristband?
- Purchase a wristband for $5 that will get you unlimited access to ticketed activities and alleviate line ups at ticket booths. Wristbands can be purchased from Recreation Administration Office, Kinsmen Leisure Centre, Millennium Place, and Festival Place prior to July 1st.
- Wristbands are not available on July 1st.
Can you buy tickets on July 1?
- Tickets will be available for $1/ activity ticket at the information/ticket booths.
Tickets and wristbands are non-refundable. Unused tickets can be donated at the information/ticket booths.
What's included on the wristband or with tickets?
Ticketed activity schedule and information to come!
*Please note: Participant responsibility: You should be in good health to participate safely. You know your physical conditions and limitations. If you or someone in your party suspects that your health could be at risk for any reason, or you could aggravate a pre-existing condition of any kind by participating, do not participate.
Featured Activities with a Cost
- Make your own Canadian Flag T-shirt($5/t-shirt without wristband and $4/t-shirt with wristband). Limited number and size of children’s’ t-shirts available.
What is the main stage schedule?
The Headquarters Stage features Multicultural artists supported by the Sherwood Park Elks from 12noon-5pm. Check back for who will be our opening act and headliner act.
Schedule information to come!
Who is playing at the Qualico Patio Series?
- At 7:30 p.m., local cover band Time Warp will perform, followed by Opera Nuova with frothy arias, duets and trios
Who is playing at the Axiom Mortgage Solutions Pancake Breakfast?
Schedule information to come!
Is there a food court?
- The food court is located on the plaza of Broadmoor Lake Park. There is a variety of options to satisfy everyone’s cravings.
- There are also a couple vendors on the Salisbury Field and the Famers Market (which is located in the Festival Place parking lot)
Where will there be ATM machines?
- Sherwood Park Arena (outside on the Westside of the food vendors and inside)
- Festival Place
- Community Centre
Where are the washrooms located?
- Sherwood Park Arena and Sports Centre
- Kinsmen Leisure Centre (inside and outside in the parking lot)
- Festival Place
- Near the Spray Park (port-a-potties)
- Salisbury Fields (port-a-potties)
Where is First Aid located?
- The main First Aid Station is located at Kinsmen Leisure Centre and there are two roving first aid golf carts patrolling the Festival.
- . If you require first aid, you can also see the information/ticket booths.
What kind of safety precautions do you have on site?
- The RCMP Command post along with uniformed RCMP will be on site all day during the festival.
Who organizes the Lost Child Tent?
- Citizens on Patrol organize the Lost Child Tent during the festival.
- If any child becomes separated from their parent, the child will be taken the Lost Child Tent, which is located close to the spray park. At the lost Child Tent a trained member will take over the situations.
Will there be line ups at the activities?
- Yes, there will be line ups at certain activities but it will definitely be worth the wait. We recruit as many volunteers to help with the line ups. However, there are many other activities that will not have line ups so take you family on a new experience and participate in those ones as well.
Are dogs allowed to attend?
- We recommend that all dogs stay at home, since it will be extremely busy and crowds are stressful for most dogs. All guide dogs are welcome.
What time are the fireworks and where is the best place to watch them?
- Fireworks start at 11 pm, the best place to watch them is at Broadmoor Lake Park.
How can I become a volunteer and what are the benefits of volunteering?
Learn more about volunteering at Strathcona County's Canada Day Festival here and sign up today!