Canada Day Festival - 150th Anniversary!
Join us at Broadmoor Lake Park as we celebrate Canada's 150th birthday at Strathcona County's largest festival. Family activities, performances and fun for everyone! Most activities are free, some require tickets. Please note: photos and videos may be taken at this event for promotional purposes.
Celebrating on Canada Day - What's new for Canada 150?
Canada Day Festival Details
Most activities are FREE but some require tickets or the Unlimited Activity Wristbands. Check out the activities that require tickets by selecting “Tickets Required” in the activity calendar below.
The $5 Unlimited Activity Wristbands are SOLD OUT. Don’t worry, on July 1, individual activity tickets can be purchased at Information & Ticket Booths for $1 per activity.
- Recreation Administration Office (Closes at 4:30 p.m. – 2025 Oak Street) – SOLD OUT
- Millennium Place (2000 Premier Way) – SOLD OUT
- Sherwood Park Mall *Cash only (2020 Sherwood Drive) – SOLD OUT
- Kinsmen Leisure Centre (2001 Oak Street) – SOLD OUT
- Emerald Hills Leisure Centre (3555 Emerald Drive) – SOLD OUT
- Festival Place (100 Festival Way) – SOLD OUT
- Glen Allan Recreation Complex (199 Georgian Way) – SOLD OUT
- Ardrossan Recreation Complex (80-1 Ave, Ardrossan) – SOLD OUT
The wristbands give you unlimited access to ticketed activities. There are a limited number available, get yours before they sell out!
We recommend that all dogs stay at home, since it will be extremely busy and crowds are stressful for most dogs. All guide dogs are welcome.
ATMs are available at the following locations:
- Sherwood Park Arena (outside on the Westside of the food vendors and inside)
- Festival Place
- Community Centre
Be part of one of the many Canada 150 celebrations this year by joining us with event and activity sponsorships to help celebrate our community and our Country!
Bike racks are available in the Sherwood Park Arena parking lot (close to the spray park entrance, in the south west corner of the parking lot). Remember your bike lock.
Join over 10,000 smiling faces lining the Chamber of Commerce Parade route through the heart of Sherwood Park.
Starts at 10 a.m.
The food court is located on the plaza of Broadmoor Lake Park. There are a variety of options to satisfy everyone’s cravings.
There are also some vendors on the Salisbury Field and at the Famers Market (located in the Festival Place parking lot).
Start your day on the right foot! Take the FREE Park N Ride at the Bethel Transit (650 Bethel Drive) Terminal off Baseline Road
Departures start at 8:30 a.m. from Bethel Transit Terminal (650 Bethel Drive) to Broadmoor Lake Park operating every 15 minutes. Last departure will be at 11:30 p.m.
Returns start at 8:45 a.m. from in front of Festival Place operating every 15 minutes. Last departure will be at 11:45 p.m.
The Canada Day transit service will be rerouted from Festival Place to the Sherwood Park Arena (2015 Oak Street) between 10 a.m. – 11 a.m. for the Canada Day Parade.
Local service on July 1 will follow Saturday weekend service schedule. Details here.
The ensure you and your family have a safe and fun experience, remember to visit the Lost Child Tent on the Broadmoor Lake Park Plaza or any information booth to receive your lost child wristband. Should you be separated from your child during the festival, your child will be escorted directly to the tent.
The Lost Child Tent runs from 9 a.m. – 11 p.m. and is operated by Citizens on Patrol.
The Kinsmen Leisure Centre lifeguards are on duty to provide first aid from 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 p.m. Should you or someone in your group require first aid please go to the nearest information booth, the Kinsmen Leisure Centre or contact any volunteer.
Please remember to bring your sunscreen, hat and drink plenty of water on a hot day!
Although all parking is free, we encourage you to car-pool or use the FREE public transit to the Festival. Parking is extremely limited.
Parking is available at:
• Community Centre underground parkade, accessible parking available* (401 Festival Lane)
• Limited handicap parking available in the Sherwood Park Arena parking lot (2015 Oak Street)
• St. Theresa Catholic School parking lot (2021 Brentwood Blvd)
• East side of Salisbury Composite High School (20 Festival Way)
After 6 p.m., parking is available at the Sherwood Park Mall (2020 Sherwood Drive)
*Please note, if you park in the Community Centre parkade, you will not be able to leave the parking lot during the parade (approximately 10:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.)
Don’t let your incredible day at the Festival be ruined; remember to remove valuables from your car.
Restricted parking along Oak Street
Please note that parking on Oak Street, from south of the Broadmoor Public Golf Course to Sherwood Drive, will be for residents only on July 1st. Resident parking passes will be required for street parking and will be monitored.
Please ensure you display your resident parking pass.
- Festival Lane will be closed from 7 a.m. – 12 p.m. (Festival Avenue will be open)
- Festival Way will be closed from 7 a.m. to midnight (local traffic only).
- Festival Lane and Festival Ave will be closed from 10:30 p.m. – 12 a.m.
Over 350 enthusiastic volunteers are needed to help put on this spectacular event. Shifts are flexible and you can sign up with a family member or friend, or alone and meet new friends!
Volunteers who sign up for a minimum 6 hour shift recieve an invitation to the Special Guest Reception in the Kinsmen Leisure Centre parking lot to enjoy great seats for the Headquarters Stage and for the fireworks.
Learn more about volunteering at Strathcona County’s Canada Day Festival here and sign up today!
Washrooms are located at:
- Sherwood Park Arena and Sports Centre
- Kinsmen Leisure Centre (inside and outside in the parking lot)
- Festival Place
- Salisbury Fields (port-a-potties)
The fireworks start at 11 p.m. and the best place to watch them is at Broadmoor Lake Park.