This family friendly activity is best enjoyed in the winter months. When winter shows up, check out these great hills to take a ride down. Have fun, keep warm and stay safe!
Enjoy safe sledding
- Cottonwood Park
- Cottonwood Avenue south of Pine Street
- Estates of Sherwood Park
North of Estates Drive
- Florian Park
- Greengrove Park
199 Georgian Way north of Glen Allan Recreation Complex
- McGhan Park
- Strathcona Athletic Park
1100 Clover Bar Road (access off Clover Bar Road)
Toboggan Hills near ponds
- Broadmoor Lake Park
2025 Oak Street north of Recreation, Parks and Culture office
- Clarkdale Lake
Clarkdale Drive west of Orchid Crescent
- Woodbridge Lake Park - CLOSED due to unsafe ice conditions until further notice (posted December 29, 2015)
Woodbridge Way north of Parker Drive (south of Woodbridge Lake)
Sledding Safety Tips
- Sled on designated hills
- Stay away from roads, rivers, railways and parking lots
- Wear a helmet to reduce the risk of head injury
- Prevent strangulation by wearing neck warmers instead of scarves and avoiding outer clothing with drawstrings
- Only sled in the daylight or on well lit hills
- Go down the hill sitting up or kneeling on the sled. Never slide down headfirst or standing up
- Be sure your path is clear of obstacles and people all the way down the hill.
- Stay in control of your sled. Avoid inner tubes and snow discs that are difficult to control
- If you fall off or stop unexpectedly, quickly move out of the way of other sledders.
- Walk back up the side of the hill, away from other sledders
If there is an emergency - call 911.