Updates & Notices
January 28, 2016
Broadmoor Lake Park, Clarkdale Lake, Woodbridge Lake Park toboggan hills are all CLOSED due to unsafe ice conditions in the area.
These hills will remain closed until further notice.
This family friendly activity is best enjoyed in the winter months. When winter shows up, check out these great hills to take a ride down. Have fun, keep warm and stay safe!
Enjoy safe sledding
- Cottonwood Park
- Cottonwood Avenue south of Pine Street
- Estates of Sherwood Park
North of Estates Drive
- Florian Park
- Greengrove Park
199 Georgian Way north of Glen Allan Recreation Complex
- McGhan Park
- Strathcona Athletic Park
1100 Clover Bar Road (access off Clover Bar Road)
Toboggan Hills near ponds
- Broadmoor Lake Park
2025 Oak Street north of Recreation, Parks and Culture office
- Clarkdale Lake
Clarkdale Drive west of Orchid Crescent
- Woodbridge Lake Park - CLOSED due to unsafe ice conditions until further notice (posted December 29, 2015)
Woodbridge Way north of Parker Drive (south of Woodbridge Lake)
Sledding Safety Tips
- Sled on designated hills
- Stay away from roads, rivers, railways and parking lots
- Wear a helmet to reduce the risk of head injury
- Prevent strangulation by wearing neck warmers instead of scarves and avoiding outer clothing with drawstrings
- Only sled in the daylight or on well lit hills
- Go down the hill sitting up or kneeling on the sled. Never slide down headfirst or standing up
- Be sure your path is clear of obstacles and people all the way down the hill.
- Stay in control of your sled. Avoid inner tubes and snow discs that are difficult to control
- If you fall off or stop unexpectedly, quickly move out of the way of other sledders.
- Walk back up the side of the hill, away from other sledders
If there is an emergency - call 911.