Get involved to help wipe out graffiti.
Help maintain the appearance of your neighbourhood. When you see graffiti - Report it!
You can help maintain the appearance of your neighbourhood. Here's how.
Prevent it by learning more about graffiti
- Ensure dark areas are well lit to deter potential graffiti vandalism
- Quick removal of graffiti is the best way for you to protect your property
When you see graffiti in your neighbourhood report it - twice
- Call the RCMP's non-emergency line, 780-467-7741
- Report it with Recreation Parks and Culture by calling 780-464-8176 or emailing email@example.com. If you can, please take a photo and send it with your email or drop it off at 2025 Oak Street in Sherwood Park.
Remove it from your own private property as quickly as possible
- Free graffiti removal kits are available from Strathcona County Recreation, Parks and Culture
- Get involved in your community sign-up to host a clean-up event in your neighbourhood
Graffiti utility cabinet pilot project
Graffiti utility cabinet project - 35 additional cabinets to be covered.
Due to the positive response to the initial pilot project which covered 4 large utility cabinets in an anti-graffiti wrap, Fortis Alberta has decided to cover an additional 35 large cabinets in Strathcona County. The application acts as a preventative measure and we have had no graffiti reported on the cabinets which were covered last year.
We are proud to be the first community in Alberta to have these anti-graffiti wraps installed.
We have gained special permission from Fortis Alberta to cover utility cabinets close to parks and playgrounds with our community artwork for the Everybody Gets to Play Program which depicts accessibility and intergenerational recreation at local facilities and green spaces.