Office location and mailing address:
2001 Sherwood Drive
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada
Rob Coon, Chief Commissioner
Strathcona County’s Chief Commissioner, or Chief Administrative Officer, is accountable to the Mayor and Council. The Chief Commissioner leads the development, implementation, and administration of all policies and programs established and approved by Council; guides and advises Council on legislation and municipal operations; and provides information to support Council in making informed decisions.
The Chief Commissioner, working with Executive Team, provides vision, leadership and direction to the organization based on the Strategic Plan and approved policies. The Chief Commissioner is responsible for delivering the County’s business plans within budgets approved by Council.
Fax number: 780-464-8050
George Huybregts, Associate Commissioner/Chief Financial Officer
This position is responsible for managing the County's financial affairs, reporting on the organization's overall financial position, and supporting corporate decision making through strategic financial analysis and advice.
The Associate Commissioner/Chief Financial Officer, provides leadership and guidance, and oversees the delivery of quality customer service for the following departments and branches:
Darlene Bouwsema, Associate Commissioner, Corporate Services Division
The Corporate Services Division provides internal customer support to the County's operational divisions. Corporate Services procures and maintains County facility infrastructure and fleet equipment, and provides specialized technical and administrative services and advice that enables quality public service to County residents, businesses and industry.
The Associate Commissioner, Corporate Services provides leadership and guidance, and oversees the delivery of quality customer service for the following departments:
- Facility Services
- Fleet Services
- Human Resources
- Information Technology Services
- Legislative and Legal Services
Denise Exton, Associate Commissioner, Community Services Division
The Community Services Division works to ensure a high quality of life for Strathcona County residents. The Division creates and maintains a positive, safe and caring community by
- developing and delivering programs, services and resources to meet the identified and ever-changing social needs of the community
- ensuring that residents and visitors enjoy a broad range of opportunities for healthy lifestyles
- offering recreational and cultural activities
- providing high quality, integrated, police, fire and emergency medical services
- offering safe, accessible, reliable and affordable transit services as an environmently friendly alternative.
The Associate Commissioner, Community Services, leads, guides and oversees the delivery of all business plans and budgets for the following departments:
- Family and Community Services
- Recreation, Parks and Culture
- RCMP and Enforcement Services
- Strathcona County Emergency Services
- Strathcona County Transit
This position also liaises with three external agencies to support seniors housing, volunteerism, literacy, leisure and learning.