Food donations for the Strathcona Food Bank
Fire Station 1 is the only Strathcona County fire station equipped to accept donations for the Strathcona Food Bank. Please place non-perishable donations inside the container located in the entrance way.
1933 Sherwood Drive, Sherwood Park
Directions to Fire Station #1 - Google maps
The station is centrally located in Sherwood Park and offers many benefits for residents:
- Full-time, 24-hour fire and emergency medical services close at hand
- houses the Strathcona Regional Emergency Communications Centre , providing 9-1-1 services and fire dispatch for a number of local communities.
Facts about Station #1
- Opened October 23, 1975.
- Station #1 used to be the headquarters station for Strathcona County Emergency Services. On January 20, 2014, all Chief Officers, administrative support, Occupational Health, Safety and Training, Emergency Management and Fire Prevention and Investigation moved to Fire Station 6 .
- Emergency Communications, Materials Management and Operations are located at Station #1.
- 24-hour staffing by full-time personnel, all with advanced fire and EMS qualifications
- 24-hour staffing of the 9-1-1 and Communications Center
- Tower 1
- Rescue 1
- Squad 1
- Tanker 1
- Crew van
- Logistics trailer
- Brush Truck
- Ambulance 1 Up to four (red or white)
- Special operations
- Rehab Bus
- Sparky's Truck
Important phone numbers
- Emergency Fire, Ambulance, Police 9-1-1
- RCMP 24 hour complaint line, 780-467-7741
- Bylaw inquiries or complaints, 780-449-0170