FIRE BAN in effect
May 21, 2015
A Fire Ban is in effect for Strathcona County, effective 12 noon on May 22. No burning is allowed. Fire permits are suspended until the ban is lifted.
- Strathcona County Alert system. Residents are encouraged to sign up to receive Strathcona County Alerts . Alerts will be emergent, significant and time sensitive emergency notifications affecting Strathcona County.
- Alberta Emergency Alerts. Find out about emergency alerts affecting all areas of Alberta by signing up to receive Alberta Emergency Alerts . If there is a large scale emergency in Strathcona County, both systems will be used to notify residents. Click here to view current Alberta Emergency Alerts.
- Call the UPDATE line at 1-866-653-9959 if you are concerned about alarms, prolonged flares, smoke or fire at petrochemical industries. Learn more.
- Do you have what it takes to join our team? The competition for the joint Firefighter recruit with Spruce Grove Fire Services is open May 11 to 25. Applications will only be accepted during this time.
For property-related file search requests
Fire prevention tips
- March 1 marks the beginning of Alberta's wildfire season. Take necessary precautions to reduce the risk of wildfire spread. Start your FireSmart activities today!
- It's important to cool your ashes before placing them in the organics cart.
- Do not use your plant pot as an ashtray. Learn more.
- Did you know it is illegal to keep your vehicle running when refuelling?
- Your home may be eligible for reduced fire insurance rates.
- A temporary suspension of burning is different than a fire ban. Learn more.