There are no active alerts at this time.
- Celebrate safely this holiday season!
- Tip 1. Check your smoke alarms to ensure they work.
- Tip 2. Check lights and cords before decorating.
- See why it's important to keep your live Christmas tree well-watered.
- Tip 4. Don't leave lit candles unattended.
- Tip 5. Space heaters need a 1 metre clearance from anything that can burn.
- Tip 6. Don't overload electrical outlets.
- Tip 7. Keep lighters out of sight and in places your kids can't reach.
- Tip 8. Turn off the tree lights before leaving home or going to bed.
- Tip 9. Completely stub out smoking materials and dispose of it safely.
- Tip 10. Develop and practice a home fire escape plan.
- Tip 11. Stay in the kitchen while cooking.
- Tip 12. If hanging the stockings with care, totally put out the fire first.
- 72 hours of preparedness
- Reduced fire insurance rates.
- Emergency Medical Services
- First aid and CPR training
- Safety presentations including At Home by Yourself.
- Safety tips for inside and outside your home.
- Tell me about Emergency Services.
- Fire stations in Strathcona County
- Strathcona County Alert system.
- Alberta Emergency Alerts
- Call the UPDATE line at 1-866-653-9959 if you are concerned about alarms, prolonged flares, smoke or fire at petrochemical industries. Learn more about NRCAER.
For property-related file search requests