- Strathcona County Alert system. Residents are encouraged to sign up to receive Strathcona County Alerts . Alerts will be emergent, significant and time sensitive emergency notifications affecting Strathcona County.
- Alberta Emergency Alerts. Find out about emergency alerts affecting all areas of Alberta by signing up to receive Alberta Emergency Alerts . If there is a large scale emergency in Strathcona County, both systems will be used to notify residents. Click here to view current Alberta Emergency Alerts.
- Call the UPDATE line at 1-866-653-9959 if you are concerned about alarms, prolonged flares, smoke or fire at petrochemical industries. Learn more.
- A system-wide Strathcona County Alert test is planned for April 23. Please take a moment to complete a brief survey on the Strathcona County Alert system. The survey closes May 8.
- Do you have what it takes to join our team? The regional Firefighter recruit. has been delayed. Please check back for updates on the recruit.
- Celebrate Wildfire Community Preparedness Day on May 2.
For property-related file search requests
Fire prevention tips
- March 1 marks the beginning of Alberta's wildfire season. Take necessary precautions to reduce the risk of wildfire spread. Start your FireSmart activities today!
- It's important to cool your ashes before placing them in the organics cart.
- Do not use your plant pot as an ashtray. Learn more.
- Did you know it is illegal to keep your vehicle running when refuelling?
- Your home may be eligible for reduced fire insurance rates.
- A temporary suspension of burning is different than a fire ban. Learn more.