Emergency alerts and preparedness
- Strathcona County Alert system. Residents are encouraged to sign up to receive Strathcona County Alerts . Alerts will be emergent, significant and time sensitive emergency notifications affecting Strathcona County.
- Alberta Emergency Alerts. If you work or travel outside of Strathcona County borders or want to know about emergency alerts affecting all areas of Alberta, residents are encouraged to sign up to also receive Alberta Emergency Alerts . If there is a large scale emergency in Strathcona County, both systems will be used to notify residents. Click here to view current Alberta Emergency Alerts.
- Be like Melvin and Eilee and learn how to evacuate and shelter-in-place. Watch the commercials now.
- Download a copy of Strathcona County's Emergency Preparedness Guide.
- Strathcona County is taking a proactive approach to keeping the community safe.
- Call the UPDATE line at 1-866-653-9959 if you are concerned about alarms, prolonged flares, smoke or fire at petrochemical industries. Learn more.
- We are currently recruiting for:
- Rural residents, do you plan to discharge fireworks on your property? A fireworks permit is required. Permits are not valid within the boundaries of Sherwood Park, Ardrossan, Josephburg, North and South Cooking Lake, Antler/Hastings/Half Moon Lakes or Collingwood Cove.
- Do not use your plant pot as an ashtray. Learn more.
For property-related file search requests
Fire prevention tips
- Did you know it is illegal to keep your vehicle running when refuelling?
- Your home may be eligible for reduced fire insurance rates.
- A temporary suspension of burning is different than a fire ban. Learn more.
- Watch this video from Global News and learn how to better protect your home from wildfires .