SC Alert status
June 29, 2015
The SC Alert system is now available.
Please take a moment to log into your profile to confirm the your contact information is correct. If you forget your username or password, you can reset it.
You may have received a test alert. A system-wide test alert is scheduled for July 8.
- Strathcona County Alert system. Residents are encouraged to sign up to receive Strathcona County Alerts . Alerts will be emergent, significant and time sensitive emergency notifications affecting Strathcona County.
- Alberta Emergency Alerts. Find out about emergency alerts affecting all areas of Alberta by signing up to receive Alberta Emergency Alerts . If there is a large scale emergency in Strathcona County, both systems will be used to notify residents. Click here to view current Alberta Emergency Alerts.
- Call the UPDATE line at 1-866-653-9959 if you are concerned about alarms, prolonged flares, smoke or fire at petrochemical industries. Learn more.
- Do you have what it takes to join our team? We are currently recruiting for a part-time Emergency Communications Operator . The deadline closes July 12.
- Emergency Services is accredited anISO 9001 Standard. (183.6 KB)
For property-related file search requests
Fire prevention tips
- Alberta's wildfire season is here. Take necessary precautions to reduce the risk of wildfire spread. Start your FireSmart activities today!
- It's important to cool your ashes before placing them in the organics cart.
- Do not use your plant pot as an ashtray. Learn more.
- Did you know it is illegal to keep your vehicle running when refuelling?
- Your home may be eligible for reduced fire insurance rates.
- A temporary suspension of burning is different than a fire ban. Learn more.