There are no active alerts at this time.
- Sign up to receive Strathcona County Alerts. Alerts will be emergent, significant and time sensitive emergency notifications affecting Strathcona County.
- Sign up to receive Alberta Emergency Alerts. If there is a large scale emergency in Strathcona County, both systems will be used to notify residents. Click here to view current Alberta Emergency Alerts.
- Call the UPDATE line at 1-866-653-9959 if you are concerned about alarms, prolonged flares, smoke or fire at petrochemical industries. Learn more.
- Keep safety in mind when:
- A fireworks permit is required for rural residents who wish to discharge fireworks on their property. Fireworks permits are not valid in Sherwood Park, Ardrossan, Josephburg, North and South Cooking Lake, Antler Lake, Hastings Lake, Half Moon Lake or Collingwood Cove. Prior to using the fireworks, talk with your neighbours first. Fireworks can negatively impact humans, livestock and family pets.
- Learn how you can help our friends and neighbours in Fort McMurray.
- Emergency responders are working to inform business owners and residents about the importance of a properly maintained fire alarm system. Fewer false alarms means resources are available to respond to other emergency calls. If necessary, fees may be charged for repeat fire alarm calls for the same issue at the same location. Learn more.
- Be sure to completely cool any ashes before placing them in your green organics cart.
- Emergency Services is accredited anISO 9001 Standard. (183.6 KB)
- Your home may be eligible for for reduced fire insurance rates.
- Do I need a fire permit? What type of fires require a fire permit in Strathcona County?