Social Sustainability Framework
Our Strategy for Creating a Caring and connected Community
In Strathcona County Council approved the Social Sustainability Framework, as the first step in endorsing a sustainable community that balances social, economic and environmental components.
A socially sustainable community
- strives to meet the basic needs of residents
- has the ability to build upon and maintain its own resources
- is resilient and can prevent and address social problems
- offers a sense of community
- is inclusive and provides opportunities for all
- provides a sense of safety and security
- is tolerant and respectful of diversity
- maintains a positive quality of life for residents
Note: Larger files may take time to download and open.