Moving to Strathcona County
If you are new to the County, moving within it or moving away, here are some of the basics you should know.
Regular office hours:
Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Utility account set up - Water and sewer
Call Customer Billing Services at 780-464-8273 to set up, update or cancel an account.
- Waste collection and recycling
Call the Utilities Department at 780-449-5514
- Dog licences
All dogs residing in Strathcona County must be licensed.
Call Enforcement Services at 780-467-7749
- Alarm Permits
Alarm systems in homes, businesses or other buildings must be registered (does not apply to fire alarm systems).
- Property tax information
Call the Assessment and Tax Department at 780-464-8120
Other sources of information:
- About Strathcona County and its history
- Facts and Stats - a year in review
- Community Links - resources around the County
- County Council - our local government
- Family and Community Services
- Frequently requested bylaws
- Housing options
- Information and Volunteer Centre - providing New Resident Information Packages
- Rural high-speed Internet in Strathcona County.
- Public Transit - commuter (service to Edmonton), local service, student, senior and special needs
- RCMP and Enforcement Services
- Recycling stations and waste collection schedules
- Strathcona County Library
- Elk Island Public Schools
- Elk Island Catholic Schools