Moving to Strathcona County
If you are new to the County, moving within it or unfortunately moving away, here are some of the basics you should know.
Water, sewer and solid waste collection and recycling services are provided by Strathcona County.
Utility account set up
Call Customer Billing Services at 780-464-8273 or 780-464-8272 to set up, update or cancel an account. Our friendly staff are available at County Hall Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
Waste collection and recycling
Call the Utilities Department at 780-449-5514
Dog licences - all dogs residing in Strathcona County must be licensed
Call Enforcement Services at 780-467-7749
Property tax information
Call the Assessment and Tax Department at 780-464-8120
- phone, gas, electricity, internet, cable, satellite and Canada Post
Learn more about rural high-speed Internet in Strathcona County.
Here are sources of information that may come in handy.
- About Strathcona County and its history
- Community Links - resources around the County
- County Council - our local government
- Family and Community Services
- Frequently requested bylaws
- Information and Volunteer Centre - providing New Resident Information Packages
- Public Transit - Commuter, regular, student, senoir and special needs
- RCMP and Enforcement Services
- Recycling stations and waste collection schedules
- Strathcona County Library