17 Street Functional Planning Study
Due to the Northeast Anthony Henday Drive work being done by the Province of Alberta, significant reconstruction and road widening work will take place at the 17 Street and Sherwood Park Freeway interchange. This proposed work has resulted in both the City of Edmonton and Strathcona County examining the long-term development of 17 Street between Whitemud Drive and Knightsbridge Road (105 Avenue) through a Functional Planing Study (FPS).
Strathcona County along with the City of Edmonton has engaged McElhanney Consulting Services Ltd. to conduct the study. The objective of this study is to develop concept plans for the upgrade of 17 Street between Whitemud Drive and 105 Avenue from the existing two-lane undivided rural roadway to a multi-lane arterial road.
The Functional Planning Study for 17th Street was Approved by Council on July 2, 2013.
- 17th Street Project Map
- 17th Street Fact Sheet
- 17th Street Functional Planning Study
- Appendix A - Concept Plan
- Appendix B - Indivudial Ownership Plans
- *Note: For up to date Individual Ownership Maps - Please refer to 17 Street Preliminary Design Report by contacting the Capital Planning & Construction office at 780-464-8279.
- Appendix C - Utilities, Traffic & Collision Data
- Appendix D - Truck Turning Diagrams
- Appendix E - Environmental Overview
- Appendix F - Noise Study
- Appendix G - Historical Resources Overview
- Appendix H - Traffic safety Audit
- Appendix I - Cost Estimate Details
- Appendix J - Comment Tracking
Strathcona County contact:
Tony Maghee, P.Eng.
Capital Planning and Construction
McElhanney Consulting Services Ltd.
Ryan Betker, P.Eng.