Property assessment is the process of placing a dollar value on property for taxation purposes and is governed by Provincial Legislation.
If you have questions about your assessment, enter an assessment clarification request in County Connect and an assessor will contact you.
Strathcona County property assessors complete on-site property inspections on an annual basis. Assessors may knock on your door for several reasons.
- To assess new construction, newly renovated homes, or building permit inquiries
- To re-inspect property that has sold
- To complete re-inspection of a neighbourhood or property type
If residents are not home, the assessor may leave a callback card to set up a mutually agreed upon time for inspection.
Valuation standard and valuation date
The legislated standard for most properties is market value as of July 1, of the year preceding the tax year. The real estate market establishes the market value of your property; we simply measure it.
Residential request for information
The residential request for information is a survey sent to property owners to supplement our annual re-inspection campaign. The survey provides an efficient customer orientated avenue for owners to provide property information.
Throughout the year, the Assessment and Tax department will send out a residential request for information survey to select areas. There are three options to complete the survey:
- Complete the hard copy and return it in the prepaid envelope
- Online, using the website address, roll number and survey key number provided on the request for information
- Call Assessment and Tax at 780-464-8196 and give the information to an assessor
- Phone: 780-464-8196
- Fax: 780-464-8270
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org