Assessment and Tax in-person service suspended
As of March 20, in-person service will be suspended for the Assessment and Tax office. Services are available by phone at 780-464-8120
Assessment and Tax Notice
Annual Assessment and Tax Notices are mailed in mid May and taxes are due the last business day of June. The tax year is January 1 – December 31.
If you do not receive your notice, please contact the Assessment and Tax Department. Failure to receive a tax notice or loss of a tax notice will not be accepted as a reason for late payment.
There is a $20 charge for a reprint of a historical tax notice. Please come into our office for further information.
Payments received after the due date will be subject to penalties.
If you require a receipt, please provide the entire tax notice.
All returned payments will be subject to a service charge.
Payments must be made in Canadian funds only.
- Online, through telephone banking or in person at a financial institution. The payee is Strathcona County Tax and your roll number is your account number. Allow a minimum of 3 days processing time (keep receipt of transaction to verify payment). The is unique to each property. If you have recently moved, the tax roll number will be different than on your previous property. If you own multiple properties, payments must be designated to each tax roll number. If payments are made to an incorrect account, a fee will be charged to correct the distribution of the payment.
- Through your mortgage company. It is your responsibility to ensure that payment is made on time.
- Through Strathcona County's Tax instalment payment plan (TIPP).
- Mail payment payable to Strathcona County to 2001 Sherwood Drive, Sherwood Park, AB T8A 3W7. Cheques can be dated up to the last business day in June. The Canada Post postmark is the date of receipt.
- Cash, cheque or debit (credit cards not accepted) at Assessment and Tax, 140, 501 Festival Avenue, Sherwood Park between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday. Please note: As of March 20, in-person service will be suspended at the Assessment and Tax office.
- Cheque only at North Contact Office, 55305 Range Road 214, Monday to Thursday 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Cheque only at South Contact Office, 22142 South Cooking Lake Road, Tuesday to Friday, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Drop off payments in the 24-hour envelope deposit box at County Hall located outside the south doors.
- Online through Plastiq using Visa, MasterCard or American Express. Plastiq will charge a transaction fee for this service. The payee is Strathcona County Tax and your roll number is your account number. Allow a minimum of 3 days processing time.
Visit Plastiq's website for more information.