About waste collection and recycling programs
Waste collection services from Strathcona County include a curbside recycling program, organics collection and roll-out collection carts.
This collection system known as the Green Routine has the potential to divert 89 per cent of our waste from going to the landfill! Your efforts, now, will keep our community healthy for future generations.
Waste collection is available to all Strathcona County residents. Residents living in rural areas must call the Utilities department to subscribe to weekly waste collection.
To subscribe or unsubscribe to this service call:
Monday to Friday
8:30 a.m. to 12 noon, 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Collection day guidelines:
- Put your waste cart or organics cart and recycling out for collection by 7:30 a.m. Daily collection times may vary from week to week.
- Make sure your lid is completely closed. Overfilled carts will not be collected.
- Leave one metre clearance on all sides around your cart (including the top)
- Recycling may be picked up at a different time than waste or organics.
- Your carts must weigh less than 200 lbs or else they may not be picked up and emptied.
If your collection was missed:
If your collection was missed, call Utilities after 9 p.m. on your collection day or the next business day between 8:30 a.m. and 10 a.m. Please leave all missed items at curbside for collection. Times of pickup may vary from week to week.
Many recycling programs are also available to all residents of Strathcona County to help divert the amount of waste sent to the landfills.
- Recycling stations
- Broadview Enviroservice Station
- Large item pick up
- Extra yard waste collection