Strathcona County is committed to the proactive implementation of integrated, evidence-based and collaborative road safety strategies to create an increasingly safe and sustainable transportation environment.
Between 2011 and 2020, there were more than 20,600 motor vehicle collisions reported in Strathcona County. Sixty-four people lost their lives and 436 suffered major, often life-changing injuries. Altogether, these collisions cost our community over $500 million.
- 2020 Strathcona County Traffic Collision Statistics Report (1.4 MB)
- 2019 Strathcona County Traffic Collision Statistics Report (6.4 MB)
- 2018 Strathcona County Traffic Collision Statistics Report (1.6 MB)
- 2017 Strathcona County Traffic Collision Statistics Report (1.9 MB)
Traffic safety in Strathcona County is the joint responsibility of Strathcona County's Integrated Traffic Unit (RCMP and Enforcement Services) and the Planning, Engineering and Safety branch of Transportation Planning and Engineering. Traffic safety decision-making in the County is guided by the Traffic Safety Strategic Plan 2020. (3.9 MB)
- 2021 Traffic Safety Annual Report (1.5 MB)
- 2020 Traffic Safety Annual Report (2.8 MB)
- 2019 Traffic Safety Annual Report (1.2 MB)
Through the application of the Safer System approach, we are working towards the day when no one is seriously injured or killed while travelling on Strathcona County's road network.