2020 Traffic safety improvements
Strathcona County will be moving forward with traffic safety improvements along roadways and trail crossings within Sherwood Park. The 2020 traffic safety improvements project includes three areas of improvements:
- six new traffic calming features within Heritage Hills to improve traffic and pedestrian safety surrounding the new Heritage Hills school and along existing trail crossings
- two new Traffic Calming features within Davidson Creek to improve safety at crosswalk locations near an existing school
- eight intersection Improvements throughout Sherwood Park:
- Lakeland Drive (Petroleum Way) and Broadmoor Boulevard
- Baseline Road and Shivam Road (Chippewa Road)
- Clover Bar Road and Davidson Drive
- Heritage Drive and Clover Bar Road
- Emerald Drive and Ellesmere Lane
- Emerald Drive and Eton Boulevard
- Lakeland Drive and Sherwood Drive
- Baseline Road and Broadview Drive
Traffic calming features will include raised asphalt crosswalks, asphalt speed cushions, and concrete curb extensions. Intersection improvements will include concrete reconstruction, including medians and pedestrian ramps, updated pavement markings, and changing pedestrian crossing signal pedestals and signals.
Locations of the improvements can be found on CountyWorks.
This project is currently in the construction phase.
It is expected construction will start mid July 2020 and be completed by end of September 2020.
There will be traffic impacts during construction including lane closures. Pay attention to construction signage within the work zones.