2020 Traffic safety improvements
Strathcona County has completed traffic safety improvements along roadways and trail crossings within Sherwood Park. The 2020 traffic safety improvements project includes three areas of improvements:
- six new traffic calming features within Heritage Hills to improve traffic and pedestrian safety surrounding the new Heritage Hills school and along existing trail crossings
- two new Traffic Calming features within Davidson Creek to improve safety at crosswalk locations near an existing school
- eight intersection Improvements throughout Sherwood Park:
- Lakeland Drive (Petroleum Way) and Broadmoor Boulevard
- Baseline Road and Shivam Road (Chippewa Road)
- Clover Bar Road and Davidson Drive
- Heritage Drive and Clover Bar Road
- Emerald Drive and Ellesmere Lane
- Emerald Drive and Eton Boulevard
- Lakeland Drive and Sherwood Drive
- Baseline Road and Broadview Drive
Traffic calming features include raised asphalt crosswalks, asphalt speed cushions, and concrete curb extensions. Intersection improvements will include concrete reconstruction, including medians and pedestrian ramps, updated pavement markings, and changing pedestrian crossing signal pedestals and signals.
Locations of the improvements can be found on CountyWorks.
This project is completed.
Construction was completed in September 2020. The project has a two-year warranty period, ending in 2022. The contractor may be required to work onsite to complete repairs or fix deficiencies.
There may be minor and sporadic traffic impacts during repairs during the two-year warranty period.