Raise your glass of tap water and celebrate!
Water - you rely on it daily, but what do you really know about it? There is so much more to H2O than you realize!
Did you know that tap water provides us with:
- a low-cost way to stay hydrated
- public health and fire protection
- nearly every product that we use every day
Because of tap water, we stay hydrated, healthy and happy!
Strathcona County prides itself on providing some of the best quality water in all of Canada and this should call for a celebration! To celebrate World Water Day, we encourage you to drink tap water and engage in other water saving practices.
Some other things to consider on World Water Day:
- With spring around the corner lets take a proactive approach to summer time water consumption; think about ecoscaping your yard and remember your lawn and plants only need a good watering once a week!
- Think about a rain barrel for the summer months, this helps with conservation in your own backyard.
- If you haven't switched to more efficient appliances it may be something to think about!