On this page
On May 23, 2023 the Royal Canadian Mounted Police will mark its 150th anniversary of service to the public and security of our country. In recognition of the 150-year milestone, Strathcona County is hosting two RCMP Musical Rides on June 15 and 17.
The musical ride consists of up to 28 riders, who are all police officers. The horses perform intricate formations and drills that require control, timing and coordination.
Dates, times and locations
Transit and parking
There is no on-site public parking available on either event date. Free Park N' Ride is available from the Bethel Transit Terminal in Sherwood Park. There will be accessible parking available for guests with mobility considerations.
Sign up for the free Park N' Ride
|June 15, 7 p.m. event||June 17, 2:30 p.m. event|
|4:30 p.m.||9:30 a.m.|
|4:45 p.m.||10 a.m.|
|5 p.m.||11:30 a.m.|
|5:30 p.m.||12 p.m.|
|6 p.m.||12:30 p.m.|
|6:15 p.m.||12:45 p.m.|
|6:30 p.m.||1 p.m.|
Free wristbands are required for entry on the June 17 event.
Wristbands can be picked up (after 9 a.m., daily) from the following facilities starting on May 23, 2023:
- Ardrossan Recreation Complex
- Millennium Place
- Emerald Hills Leisure Centre
- Glen Allan Recreation Complex
- Kinsmen Leisure Centre
- Festival Place
- Recreation Administration Office (2025 Oak Street)
- Bethel Transit Terminal
- June 17 - Ardrossan Picnic and Parade (hosted by the Ardrossan Recreation and Agricultural Society)
- 60 First Avenue, Ardrossan
- 7 a.m. to 11:55 p.m.
- Pancakes, parade, activities and stage performances
- June 17 - Free community day
- Free admission at the Ardrossan Recreation Complex
There are opportunities for local business owners to support the hosting of the RCMP Musical Ride events. Opportunities include "Adopt a Horse" along with a stabling and event site supporter. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.