Gallery@501 Art Classes
Virtual visual arts programs
Join your favorite Strathcona County art instructors online for a creative art experience that you’ll enjoy in the comfort of your own home. Creative activities are fun, engaging, stress-relieving and boost mental health.
- Find the full course listing and register with Recreation Online: virtual visual arts – family art discovery (single classes)
- All classes are held live, virtually through Microsoft Teams. You will be emailed a link to join the class a minimum of one hour before the class begins.
- Our instructors will demonstrate the steps in creating each project, and are happy to take questions during the class.
- See course descriptions for supplies needed. Instructors will offer ideas for optional or substitute materials/supplies where applicable.
Registered programs update - January 8
All indoor, in person, registered programs continue to be on hold due to the provincial restrictions currently in place. All affected registered participants will be contacted directly and receive an automatic pro-rated refund.
Programs that are still running include:
- Virtual programs – register today!
- Cross country skiing lessons at the Strathcona Wilderness Centre
- Outdoor pop-up preschool programs – register today!
Get inspired at the gallery! Whether you are looking to build new skills, enjoy creative time with family or friends, or just treat yourself to a positive mental health activity through art-making, we have options for you. Classes are designed for the beginner, and there is always more to learn and explore.
Come have some fun in a supportive and relaxing environment at Gallery@501.
In person programs are currently on hold due to the provincial restrictions in place. Check back for updates.
The safety of our participants and staff is our top priority. All programs have been created to meet Alberta Health Services guidelines to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
- Adult – Make & Take Art Workshops
- 55+ Art Classes
- Children’s Art Classes
- Homeschool Art Classes
- Family Fun@501
Procedures and guidelines
Please take note of the new procedures and guidelines in place for our programs to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
We’re excited to welcome you to Gallery@501. Thank you for helping to keep our staff and participants safe by following the guidelines listed below.
- Gallery staff and instructors have been trained in new protocols around cleaning and visitor safety and will follow all Alberta Health Services and Strathcona County guidelines to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- We offer smaller class sizes, determined by physical distancing requirements and space capacity.
- COVID-19 pre-screening questions are asked of each participant when they arrive.
- Participants 3 years of age and older must wear masks in the facility and for the duration of their program.
- There is a one-way flow for traffic through the gallery and studio.
- Hand sanitizer is available – participants are asked to use it when entering and leaving the program space.
- There is one participant per table, with 6 ft distance in between participants (*except for Family Fun, where a cohort shares a table, and there is 6 ft between tables).
- Supplies are carefully prepped ahead of time and set out for participants, and no items are shared between participants during class. This helps prevent contamination and limits the need for participants to move around the program space.
- All art projects will be sent home that day with each participant.
- Enhanced cleaning protocols are in place – tables and chairs are wiped down after each class, any tools/supplies (brushes, markers, etc) are cleaned after each class, high-touch surfaces are cleaned often.
- There are two sinks for hand washing in the studio, as well as additional washrooms near the main gallery doors for your use.
- Please note: We no longer provide any art shirts or aprons in the studio – we ask that participants of all ages come dressed for art-making.
We are constantly learning and adapting to changes and new best practices. If you have questions or concerns about your experience coming to Gallery@501 – before, during, or after your program – please connect with us.
Frequently asked questions
1. Will art supplies still be provided for my program?Permanent link to Will art supplies still be provided for my program?
YES – Our program fees still include all supplies. We’ve done the shopping and prep work, so that you don’t have to.
2. Will you offer full-day PD Day Camps for kids, week-long camps, and longer art classes again?Permanent link to Will you offer full-day PD Day Camps for kids, week-long camps, and longer art classes again?
YES – We are working towards bringing back popular programs, as well as new offerings, as soon as we can safely do so. We are also continuously adapting programming based around the input of the community, as needs and interests are changing.
3. Will our favourite Gallery instructors be there?Permanent link to Will our favourite Gallery instructors be there?
YES – We are grateful for the wonderful, creative team of instructors here at Gallery@501, and they have missed you too! Get ready for a happy (and physically distanced) reunion!
4. Are you taking any school or group bookings right now?Permanent link to Are you taking any school or group bookings right now?
If you are interested in a booking for a school or group, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 780-410-8585. We will happily host you if we can do so safely.
Ask it, report it or suggest it using County Connect