Updates and notices
- To visit a recreation centre, guests must pre-book and pre-pay for their activity time slot.
- Get familiar with our new procedures and guidelines before your visit.
- Beginning August 4, people entering a County-owned building (including recreation centres) will be required to wear a non-medical mask
- Register today for indoor and outdoor group fitness classes and outdoor family programs.
Leaders In Training (LIT)
Leaders in Training are teen leaders that help with Recreation Parks and Culture summer programs in the areas of of preschool, youth and culture.
- Work. develop skills. gain valuable work experience. learn to be a leader.
- Play. have fun. make new friends. meet other LIT's.
- Grow. be independent. explore something new
There are now two different LIT programs to participate in that will develop leadership opportunities. Choose from the Summer LIT Program and the Millennium Place LIT Program.
The Summer and Millennium Place LIT programs are for youth 12 to 17 years of age, who have completed grade 7 and are full of exciting opportunities, new friends, challenges and memorable experiences. The Summer LIT program gives youth the opportunity to develop their leadership skills in a day camp setting as they soak up seasoned camp instructors' enthusiasm, leadership and sunshine. The Millennium Place LIT Program gives youth the opportunity to develop their leadership skills in a recreation facility setting as they shadow selected employees, attend valuable workshops, and learn how to put the "Chill" in Teen Chill Night events.
Both programs share the goal of developing skilled and competent leaders through a combination of training, hands on experiences and mentorship.
Additional youth leadership opportunities can be found with the Junior Outdoor Leader program from the Strathcona Wilderness Centre.