Updates and notices
On January 7, 2021, the Government of Alberta’s mandatory provincial restrictions put in place on December 8 and 13, 2020 have been extended until at least January 21, 2021. All indoor recreation and culture facilities remain CLOSED until further notice.
OUTDOOR activities and VIRTUAL programs available:
- Virtual programs – register today
- Outdoor cross country ski lessons – register today (Note: private group bookings not available)
- Outdoor pop-up preschool programs – register today
- Cross-country skiing at Strathcona Wilderness Centre and Broadmoor Recreation Complex (Note: all indoor amenities CLOSED with exception of washrooms)
- Snowshoeing, walking trails, parks, playgrounds, toboggan hills and off-leash dog parks
Learn to skate and play shinny!
Check out our skating line up for Slide & Glide (Parented), Born to Blade, Blazing Blades, Starter Shinny, Shinny Hockey, and Power Skating. Classes are offered at Millennium Place, Glen Allan Recreation Complex, Strathcona Olympiette Centre, Moyer Recreation Complex (Josephburg), Ardrossan Recreation Complex, and Broadmoor Arena.
See our Recreation Guide for a full listing of our Skating and Shinny programs.