Dog Control Bylaw review
Strathcona County reviewed its Dog Control Bylaw which had been in place since 2006.
What we heard
View the ‘What We Heard’ summary report (160.7 KB) of nearly 2,000 survey responses to learn about what residents had to say about responsible dog ownership. Detailed comments are also available (1.5 MB) .
- November 12 - December 11, 2016 - survey (complete)
- February 2017 - 4 public workshops (complete)
- May 16 - Recommendations presented to the Priorities Committee
- July 4, 2017 - Draft Responsible Dog Ownership Bylaw presented to Council
- September 5, 2017 - Final reading and approval of the Responsible Dog Ownership Bylaw (37-2017)
Note: This Bylaw will come into effect January 1, 2018.