Small Jobs Big Hearts
Small Jobs Big Hearts is a casual volunteer program that matches people who need help with small jobs, tasks or errands around their home to keep them in their homes safely.
Everyone can use a bit of extra help sometimes. This opportunity allows a person to volunteer when they don’t have a lot of time to give but would like to help someone who needs it. This opportunity is flexible and will cater to your schedule and availability.
How do I sign up?
- Complete a Big Hearts volunteer Application Form (99.9 KB) and submit it to Family and Community Services:
- Drop off: # 200, 501 Festival Avenue, Sherwood Park, Alberta
- Mail: 2001 Sherwood Drive, Sherwood Park, AB T8A 3W7
- Fax: 780-449-1220
- Email: Joey Leslie
What is a Small Job?
- Hanging a picture
- Rearranging furniture
- Putting up a safety rail in a bathroom
- Help putting together a bookshelf
- Cleaning out a shed
- Yard maintenance such as weeding and hedge trimming
- ...and other small tasks around the house.
Providing assistance with Small Jobs Big Hearts:
By becoming a Big Hearts volunteer, you get to share your time, skills, talents, and make a real difference in the life of someone in your community:
- May allow a senior to remain in their home longer
- Create community connections
- Increase quality of life
- Help someone while they recover from surgery
Training and Orientation
• A 2 hour orientation session is required prior to taking on any small job requests.
Criminal Record Check, Intervention Record Check, references and a face to face interview are required.