SCOOP Up A Prize Weekend Getaway
Congratulations Peter Blanchard on winning the SCOOP Weekend Getaway contest!
Sign up to be a member of the Strathcona County Online Opinion Panel by 5 p.m. on Sunday, April 14, 2019 to be entered to win a weekend getaway to Jasper!
The prize includes a Jasper ski trip including a $250 gift card to Mountain Park Lodges and two one-day adult lift tickets to Marmot Basin (approximate total value: $475).
This contest is open to Strathcona County Residents only, and is governed by applicable Canadian and Alberta Law.
Note: all current public members of SCOOP who completed their survey profile between September 18, 2018 and April 14, 2019 will be automatically entered into this SCOOP contest draw.
Full contest rules:
The SCOOP Weekend Getaway contest (“the Contest”) begins on Friday, April 12, 2019 at 12:00:01 p.m. Mountain Time and ends on Sunday, April 14, 2019 at 5:00:01 p.m. MT (“The Contest Period”) Draw date is April 15, 2019.
Contest is open to all legal residents of Alberta residing in Strathcona County who have reached the age of 18 at time of entry, except for employees, contractors, representatives or agents of Strathcona County (and those with whom such persons are domiciled, whether related or not), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside). By participating in this Contest, you agree to be legally bound by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and Regulations (the “Rules”).
HOW TO ENTER (CHOOSE ALL THAT ARE APPLICABLE)
Online Entry – You may obtain one entry into the Contest by registering in, and completing a profile survey in the Strathcona County Online Opinion Panel (SCOOP) at strathcona.ca/scoop. You must fully complete the registration details provided, and agree to the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and Regulations.
All eligible Entries received during the Contest Period will be entered into the random prize draw. This includes all previous SCOOP participants who have fully completed their profile survey.
PRIZE(S) AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE:
- One Jasper Ski Trip including $250 gift card to Mountain Park Lodges and 2 one-day adult lift tickets to Marmot – Approximate retail value $475
RANDOM PRIZE DRAW AND WINNER SELECTION:
On April 15, 2019 (the “Draw Date”) in Sherwood Park, Alberta at approximately 10:00a.m. MT, one eligible entrant will be selected for the Prize by random draw from among all eligible Entries received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period.
Strathcona County or its designated representative will make three (3) attempts to contact the selected entrant by email (using the information provided at the time of entry) within five (5) business days of the Draw Date. If the selected entrant cannot be contacted within three (3) attempts or five (5) business days of the Draw Date (whichever occurs first), or there is a return of any notification as undeliverable; then that selected entrant will be disqualified and Strathcona County reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible Entries.
Prize will only be awarded to the person whose valid email address appear in the Strathcona Online Opinion Panel (SCOOP) system.
All Entries become the property of Strathcona County.
Strathcona County is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest.
Strathcona County assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries.
Strathcona County assumes no responsibility for lost, delayed, incomplete, incompatible or misdirected Entries. All Entries that are incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, have been submitted through illicit means or do not conform to or satisfy the conditions set forth in these Contest Rules, may be disqualified by Strathcona County. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. The decisions of Strathcona County with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal, including, without limitation, any decisions regarding the eligibility/disqualification of Entries and/or entrants.
Strathcona County will not be liable for any technical malfunction or other problems relating to telephone networks or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; for the failure of any entry to be received by the Contest Parties for any reason. Further, Strathcona County will not be liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s person or personal property resulting from participating in or downloading any material in the Contest.
All Entries are subject to verification. Strathcona County reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to Strathcona County) to participate in this Contest. Failure to provide such proof in a timely manner may result in disqualification.
Strathcona County reserves the right, to withdraw or amend this Contest (or to amend these Rules) in any way, in the event of an error, technical problem, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of Strathcona County that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Rules. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Strathcona County reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. Strathcona County reserves the right to cancel or suspend this Contest, or to amend these Rules without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including, but not limited to: the Contest entry form, website, point of sale, television, print or online advertising; the terms and conditions of these Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANT
Entrant assumes liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Contest, or by the acceptance, possession, use of, or failure to receive any Prize. Strathcona County assumes no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the Strathcona County such as tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, and/or Strathcona County.
Strathcona County reserves the right in their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or suspend this Contest or to modify the Contest rules at any time without notice.
By entering the Contest, entrant releases and holds Strathcona County harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize, participation in the Contest, any breach of the Contest Rules, or in any Prize-related activity. The entrant agrees to fully indemnify Strathcona County from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Contest, without limitation.
All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by Strathcona County and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
Strathcona County reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend the Contest, and/or the Contest Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
These are the official Contest Rules. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over Strathcona County. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and Strathcona County in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Alberta including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.
ACKNOWLEDGMENT, WAIVER, INDEMNIFICATION AND RELEASE OF CLAIMS
1. In consideration of the receipt of the One (1) Jasper Ski Trip including $250 gift card to Mountain Park Lodges and 2 one-day adult lift tickets to Marmot – Approximate retail value $475 (the “Prize”) provided by Strathcona County, and awarded for my participation in the SCOOP Up A Prize Weekend Getaway (the “Contest”), and as an express condition of the acceptance thereof, I hereby acknowledge and agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. I hereby acknowledge that the Prize was awarded to me after being randomly selected from all eligible entries in the Contest and correctly answering a mathematical skill-testing question.
2. I hereby confirm that I am a legal resident of Canada, Strathcona County. Furthermore, I hereby declare that I am not an employee, officer, director, representative or agent of Strathcona County, or its affiliated or subsidiary entities, and I am not (i) a member of the immediate family, nor (ii) a member of the same household (whether related or not), of any of the persons set out in this Section 2.
3. I hereby acknowledge and understand that any and all federal, provincial and/or local tax liabilities arising out of the receipt and acceptance of the Prize are my responsibility and not the responsibility of Strathcona County.
4. I hereby acknowledge and understand that Strathcona County has not made any representations or warranties, express or implied, with respect to the Prize, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.
5. I hereby release, remise and forever discharge Strathcona County, its subsidiaries, affiliates, successors and assigns, their respective officers, directors, employees and agents and their respective heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns (collectively the “Releasees”) of and from any and all actions, causes of action, suits, demands, claims, debts, dues, sums of money and damages howsoever and whensoever, in law or in equity, whether known or unknown, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, that I now have, ever had or hereafter may have or which my heirs, executors, administrators, successors or assigns now have, ever had or hereafter may have against the Releasees in any form or by reason of any matter, cause or thing whatsoever arising in respect of or in connection with my participation in the Contest and my acceptance, receipt and use of the Prize.
6. I hereby agree to protect, indemnify, hold harmless, and defend Strathcona County from any and all actions, causes of action, suits, demands, claims, debts, dues, sums of money and damages arising in respect of or in connection with my participation in the Contest and my acceptance, receipt and use of the Prize.
7. I expressly agree that the foregoing Acknowledgement, Waiver, Indemnification and Release of Claims is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted applicable law and that if any portion of it is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, not withstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF the undersigned has executed this Acknowledgement, Waiver, Indemnification and Release of Claims on the ____ day of __________________, 2019.
Full Name of Contest Winner
Signature of Contest Winner
Signed in the presence of:
Full Name of Witness