Coming Summer 2022!
Council approved the Outdoor Aquatic Spray Deck and Spray Park Strategy in 2017 that provides direction on how to plan and implement future outdoor spray deck and spray park facilities.
A review of park sites in Strathcona County was completed in 2018 and McPherson Park, in The Ridge, was chosen based on an extensive site selection process using a site assessment tool. The tool assesses available services and site characteristics such as park size, demographics, adjacent land uses, vehicle and pedestrian access, shading, and parking.
A new spray deck in the works
- Designed to complement other play features in McPherson Park
- Conserves water with a "push-on" button and automatic shut-off feature
- Includes the addition of a portable washroom, shading, and seating
- Solar panels will be used to sustainably power the spray deck
What is the construction plan?
- Construction timeline is estimated to be July to Spring 2022
- Scheduled to open Summer 2022
- Existing park will remain open with fencing around the construction zone
- Construction may disrupt use of the park
- Impacts to the community will be minimal