Your health and well-being
Helpful supports for your well-being
- If you need immediate help to cope with this situation, please access crisis support services.
- Anyone concerned about finances, groceries, stress, family relationships, and their ability to cope can call 780-464-4044. Family and Community Services is here by phone for support and resources.
Hours of operation and helpful information for your well-being
- Alberta Health Services also has supports in place to help you.
- Let's take care of ourselves and others. Here are some fun ideas and helpful tips to stay active and healthy at home.
Steps you should take to protect yourself and others
Public concern over the novel coronavirus provides an opportunity to remind the public to practice personal hygiene that includes:
- Wash your hands often and well
- Avoid touching your face, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are frequently touched
- Stay at home and away from others if you are feeling ill
- When sick, cover your cough and sneezes and then wash your hands
Physical distancing is critical to help stop the spread of COVID-19
Community builders in a time of isolation
Join the millions of people around the world who are choosing to spread a little bit of joy and seeking to amplify the connections that are happening, in neighbourhoods and communities, despite the distance we find between ourselves these days.
We are watching as community members share acts of kindness, generosity and ways to connect – amidst this crisis. Let’s showcase the stories of just some of the people in our community who have done community-minded acts.
Check the inspiring stories in the COVID-19 Blog:
Community-builders in a time of isolation
Offers of help
Businesses or community members looking to donate funds or materials can learn more from the Government of Alberta’s website.
The Alberta Emergency Management Agency Unsolicited Offers Program has been set up in response to growing offers of generosity from individuals and organizations to help with the challenges many Albertans are facing due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Those wanting to help can go to alberta.ca/BitsandPieces for more information.
Volunteering in Strathcona County
Volunteer Strathcona is coordinating volunteers to help during COVID-19.