Closures, re-openings and refunds
Last update: October 23, 4 p.m.
Strathcona County has 82 active COVID-19 positive cases. Our community is under a watch, and is now included in the broader “enhanced” Edmonton health zone. Learn more
A utility bill repayment plan is available to provide relief to families and businesses who are struggling. Utilities customers should ensure they are signed up to ensure no late fees are charged or services discontinued.
As part of Strathcona County’s efforts to stop the spread of COVID-19, the following additional actions have been taken:
- Non-medical masks/face coverings required in all public indoor spaces and vehicles for hire, as part of the Temporary Mandatory Face Covering Bylaw (as of October 5, 2020)
- Non-medical masks/face coverings required in all County-owned buildings and transit (as of August 4, 2020) non-medical masks (face coverings) are required for people entering all County-owned buildings and transit (as of August 4, 2020).
- Strathcona County Transit is distributing non-medical masks at the Bethel Transit Terminal. Learn more about Transit COVID-19 measures.
To visit one of our indoor recreation centres, you must pre-book your activity time slot. No walk-in visitors will be permitted without a pre-booking. An option for a monthly pass is available.
Facility re-opening timelines
Strathcona County is taking a phased approach to re-opening facilities and amenities. Residents can expect the delivery of County-run services to look different upon re-opening. More information on necessary modifications will be communicated closer to facility reopening dates. Enhanced cleaning protocols are in place.
Physical distancing and gathering restrictions in effect. Dates listed are targeted re-opening dates and may be subject to change.
|Facility||Targeted re‑open date|
|Community halls - some community halls are reopening. Please check with each venue operator.||Open|
|RCMP and Enforcement Services detachment - regular hours and operations||Open|
|Kinsmen Leisure Centre (currently under construction) - open for lap swimming||Phased opening due to construction|
|Pool at Millennium Place (currently under construction)||Mid January|
|Indoor playgrounds, youth lounge, child minding services||Closed until further notice|
|Strathcona Wilderness Centre - Campsites and fire pits (open). Lodge and Information Centre (open early July). Disc golf, trails, and Information Centre #2 washroom (open now).||Open|
|Wellness centres (Millennium Place, Ardrossan Recreation Complex, Glen Allan Recreation Complex), racquet courts (Glen Allan Recreation Complex) and fitness tracks (Millennium Place and Ardrossan Recreation Complex).||Open|
|Indoor fields and dry surface spaces||Open|
|Public meeting spaces in Strathcona County facilities - for bookings||Open|
|County annex building, Economic Development and Tourism - in-person meetings (appointment only)||Open|
|Festival Place - accepting rental bookings for September||Open|
|Emerald Hills Leisure Centre||Open|
|Sports fields and diamonds - for casual use and bookings for organized sports (following all Alberta Health Services guidelines).||Open|
|Gallery@501 – exhibit only||Open|
|Spray decks (Brentwood, Granville, Kinsmen / Westboro, Woodbridge)||Open|
|Cloverbar Ranch and Summerton Spray Deck||Open|
|Broadmoor Public Golf Course||Open|
|Playground and outdoor fitness equipment amenities||Open|
|Skateboard park at Millennium Place||Open|
|Bike skills park||Open|
|Hard surface courts, including pickleball, basketball, volleyball, tennis, and one-wall handball (with restrictions)||Open|
|A temporary recycling facility is available for residents who lack space to store materials.||Open|
|Broadview Enviroservice Station is open weekends only.||Open|
|Ardrossan Recycle Station||Open|
These facilities have remained open:
- Community Centre - open (modified hours, programs cancelled)
- County Hall - open (modified hours)
- Transit centres - open, bus service remains operational (modified hours)
These facilities remain closed:
- Seniors centres
- Children and Youth Community Centre
Check the library's COVID-19 updates on their website for updated information, or call 780-410-8600 during regular hours.
Refunds and membership suspensions
Update: October 1
- Millennium Card payments continue to be suspended. Cardholders will be notified before payments begin. User fees / admission fees are being reviewed and will be communicated to the public, once confirmed.
- All parent and caregiver workshops, programs, counselling groups, events and home help services and events are suspended.
- Refunds and pro-rated refunds have been processed for all program participants affected by the summer and spring cancellations. Questions? Call 780-467-2211.