Closures, re-openings and refunds
Strathcona County is preparing and reviewing its COVID-19 response and relaunch plan to align with the new Government of Alberta relaunch strategy.
The following facilities are re-opening:
Physical distancing and gathering restrictions in effect.
|Gallery@501 – exhibit only||May 20|
|Broadmoor Public Golf Course’s driving range and ProShop||May 21|
|Playground and outdoor fitness equipment amenities
Hard-surface amenities such as playgrounds will start re-opening in stages on May 22.
re-openings throughout the day (138 locations)
|Skateboard park at Millennium Place||May 22|
|Clubhouse at the Broadmoor Public Golf Course||May 22|
|Gazebos/picnic shelters||May 22-29
|Bike skills park (pending maintenance and weather)||May 29|
|Disc golf at the Strathcona Wilderness Centre||May 29|
|Select fields and diamonds staged opening; as Alberta Health approves sport-specific organizations only. *Not open for league play. Note: Fields and diamonds are currently open for casual use for members of the same household.||June 1, June 15, June 30|
|Hard surface courts, including pickleball, basketball, volleyball, tennis, and one-wall handball.
Open on May 15 with restrictions.
|Broadmoor Public Golf Course||May 6|
|Strathcona Wilderness Centre
Picnic areas, campsites and Lodge remain closed. Information Centre #2 washroom will be open.
McGhan, Kinsmen/Westboro and Brentwood seasonal outdoor rinks - effective May 2
Sherwood Park Natural Area (washroom will remain closed) - effective May 2
Deermound off-leash area (washroom will remain closed) - effective May 4
|May 2 - 4|
|A temporary recycling facility is available for residents who lack space to store materials.||April 30.|
These facilities have remained open:
- Community Centre - open (modified hours, programs cancelled)
- County Hall - open (modified hours)
- Transit centres - open, bus service remains operational (modified hours)
These facilities remain CLOSED
Indoor recreation facilities closed until further notice, or per Alberta Health Services' direction.
- Ardrossan Recreation Complex
- Broadmoor Arena
- Broadview Enviroservice Station
- Community halls
- Emerald Hills Leisure Centre
- Emerald Hills Sports Pavilion
- Glen Allan Recreation Complex
- Kinsmen Leisure Centre
- Millennium Place
- Moyer Recreation Centre
- Outdoor skating rinks
- Recreation Administration Office
- Sherwood Park Arena and Sports Centre
- Spraydecks and sprayparks
- Strathcona Olympiette Centre
- Smeltzer House
- Festival Place
- Children and Youth Community Centre
Library closed to the public – check sclibrary.ca for online programs and digital resources or call 780-410-8600 during regular hours.
Refunds and membership suspensions
All Strathcona County recreation facilities are closed to the public until June 15 subject to further reassessment.
Update: May 15
All Strathcona County summer camps and programs have been cancelled. Beginning May 20, refunds will be automatically processed for individuals who registered online using a credit card. Individuals who registered in person or over the phone can call 780-467-2211 to coordinate their refund.
- All recreation and culture programs, performances and drop-in classes are also suspended.
- All parent and caregiver workshops, programs, counselling groups, events and home help services and events are suspended.
- Refunds and pro-rated refunds will be processed for all program participants affected by the cancellation.
- Millennium Cards and GARC Court passes (annual and 7 month) have been automatically placed on suspension, and no payments will be taken while services are interrupted.