COVID-19 - Novel Coronavirus
Last update: May 20, 4:20 p.m.
Select amenities are re-opening, including playgrounds, in accordance with Alberta Health Services’ updated guidelines.
- Strathcona County is closely following the provincial relaunch plan and aligning our reopening efforts. View the latest openings and closures.
Actions within Strathcona County
Strathcona County is preparing and reviewing its COVID-19 response and relaunch plan to align with the new Government of Alberta relaunch strategy.
The health and safety of our community, including County staff, remains the top priority. When our reopened facilities and spaces are used, we must continue to follow the infection prevention and control measures:
- Indoor gatherings must be limited to no more than 15 attendees, with physical distancing measures in place
- Outdoor gatherings must be limited to no more than 50 attendees, with physical distancing measures in place
- Practice hand hygiene
- Practice physical distancing (two metres apart)
- If you cannot maintain physical distancing, wear a non-medical mask
- Avoid touching commonly touched surfaces such as handrails
- Stay home if you are sick or displaying any symptoms of COVID-19.
If you are struggling, or have financial, housing or parenting concerns, call 780-464-4044 for assistance in connecting you to support.