COVID-19 - Novel Coronavirus
Masks are mandatory in all indoor public places under the provincial health order.
Stage 1 of the Alberta Government’s Open for Summer plan is in effect as of June 1.
If you have concerns about business-related provincial health order violations, please contact Alberta Health Services online or by phone at 1-833-415-9179. Otherwise, you may phone local RCMP at 780-467-7741.
Strathcona County COVID-19 case count
COVID-19 data is sourced from the Government of Alberta. The data is updated periodically throughout the day.
Strathcona County actions
- Posters - Print, post and share community posters for
vaccinations (8.5x11) (9.0 MB)
mental health (4 - 8.5x11) (5.5 MB)
, mandatory masking and provincial campaigns.
- Recreation - Some recreation programs will gradually re-open under each stage of the Province's "Open for Summer" plan.
Free recreation activities and virtual programming is available for all ages and abilities.
- Mobility Bus is available for registered users to travel to their vaccination appointments, within Sherwood Park or a designated service area within the City of Edmonton. Essential medical trips are prioritized and regular trip rates apply.
- Gatherings - All indoor social gatherings are prohibited under provincial restrictions. Effective June 1, outdoor social gatherings up to 10 people are permitted while following COVID health and safety guidelines including not sharing food or drinks and maintaining six feet of distance. Outdoor gatherings must not have any indoor component, including washroom use.
- Business and shopping - Shop local, and view the ways and different ideas how you can support our businesses, charities and economy.
- COVID-19 survey results - Read the full survey and results from the December 2020 survey about COVID-19 impacts. COVID-19 survey-December 2020 (472.6 KB)
Supports for residents and businesses
- If you are struggling, or have financial, housing or parenting concerns, call 780-464-4044 for support. Family and Community Services offers free counselling and services to connect you to the supports you need, as well as free programs for caregivers, children and youth.
- Economic Development and Tourism continues to to help you and your business cope and adapt to the changes.
- All Albertans exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms and/or who are close contacts of COVID-19 cases are eligible for free testing by appointment at Alberta Health Services assessment centre locations around the province. Book your test online by visiting ahs.ca/covid or phoning 811.
- The Province updated their isolation and quarantine requirements for Albertans who are partially and fully vaccinated.
- The Strathcona County AHS testing site is located in trailers in the northwest corner of the Bethel Transit Terminal parking lot off of Broadview Road, not in the Bethel Transit Terminal.
- Please do not ride transit to get to your appointment. If you require transportation, contact 811 and they will assist you. If you are going for testing at the Bethel site, please do not enter the transit terminal building.
- Together with Alberta Health Services (AHS), Strathcona County RCMP and Peace Officers are supporting the province’s Public Health Order monitoring. The County will continue regularly patrolling higher use areas.
- Public complaints about business health order violations must be directed to Alberta Health Services online or by phone at 1-833-415-9179. For other health order violations, please phone RCMP at 780-467-7741.
- Public health order violations may carry a $2,400 fine and prosecuted for up to $100,000 for a first offence (effective May 19, 2021). Not following public health orders is against the law and puts our community at risk.
- If you have an enforcement related question, contact RCMP and Enforcement Services at 780-467-7741. RCMP and Enforcement Services are on call if businesses, operators or proprietors face a conflict with the public in following the health order in their place of business.
Consider downloading the ABTraceTogether mobile app to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. This is a mobile contact tracing app that helps to let you know if you've been exposed to COVID-19 – or if you've exposed others – while protecting your privacy.