This posting is for multiple temporary full-time positions for up to 4 months
Labourers will assist the Transportation and Agriculture Services with sand shift during the 2017/18 winter maintenance season.
- Perform a variety of tasks as assigned on a day-to-day basis, such as shovelling and sweeping snow, routine clean-up, vehicle and shop clean-up, sign erection and repair
- Promote a safe work environment through commitment to department and corporate OHS objectives
Skills and Abilities
- Communicate and interact in a positive manner with supervisors, co-workers, and residents
- Willingness and ability to work in inclement weather and remote rural areas
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions, and to maintain concentration and alertness for extended periods of time
- Knowledge of occupational health and safety guidelines and regulations
- General understanding of the care, servicing and operation of tools and equipment
- Valid Alberta Motor Vehicle Operator’s licence, class five
- Some related work experience is required; previous snow removal and construction experience preferred
- Experience operating small equipment is an asset
- Previous related municipal experience is an asset
- The physical ability to lift up to 23 kilograms
Conditions of Employment
- Shift work is required
- Working outside in inclement weather
- Driver’s abstract will be required
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies for similar positions within the next 6 months.
Competition #327-2018-EXT-TAS closes December 30, 2018
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We only contact candidates selected for interviews.
A cover letter must be submitted along with a resume describing the interest in this position.