This junior to intermediate procurement professional reports to the Manager, Procurement Services and is responsible for a variety of purchasing functions and the facilitation of public procurement for County acquisitions, typically below the $250,000 threshold.
- Facilitate the public procurement process for a variety of projects (construction, consulting services, goods, and repair and maintenance services), determine best source and supply, research items, services and qualifying vendors, and negotiate contracts for supply and services
- Prepare and issue documentation for RFQ, RFT, RFP, RFI and contracts, and act as liaison between vendors and the County
- Resolve procurement related issues and take direction for resolution
- Recommend and share procurement process improvement and trends, develop and maintain procurement expertise and trouble shooting skills, communicate business process changes to departments and vendors, and participate in change management approaches
- Provide consultative and client support services to departments, and monitor and alert manager of mid to high-risk situations
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a diverse team environment
- Strong time management, analytical and problem-solving skills, with strong attention to detail
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills, with the ability to influence outcomes
- Ability to handle sensitive information, maintain confidentiality and exercise tact in an open and political environment
- Knowledge of legislative and regulatory frameworks governing procurement
- Knowledge and ability to use computerized purchasing systems and related software applications
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in supply chain, business, finance or a related field with a minimum of two years’ experience in procurement or supply chain
- Public sector experience is preferred
- Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) or Certified Public Procurement Officer (CPPO) is an asset
Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered. In addition to providing a dynamic working environment, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies for similar positions within the next 6 months.
Competition #326-2018-EXT-PRO closes January 13, 2019
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We only contact candidates selected for interviews.
A cover letter must be submitted along with a resume describing the interest in this position.