This posting is for 1 temporary full-time position for up to 12 months
Would you like to play a role in providing efficient and confidential support to the Branch manager for all aspects of administrative office support including execution of both routine duties and specialized assignments? Then this position is for you.
The Administrative Assistant I will provide senior level administrative support to the branch and supports programs, policies and procedures that meet County’s goals and initiatives while maintaining professional rapport with all internal and external clients.
- Act as a first point of contact for the Manager’s office; use discretion and judgement regarding the flow of information; record and track meeting deadlines; evaluate incoming issues requiring immediate attention; and, develop preliminary action plans, acting independently as required
- Research and coordinate information to prepare professional documentation including presentations, proposals and correspondence in a timely and confidential manner adhering to County standards
- Coordinate and prepare Council reports, Council inquiry responses, issue briefs, bylaws, policies and procedures in accordance with County standards, research and coordinate information to prepare professional documentation including presentations, proposals, correspondence, contracts, and Council reports
- Coordinate responses, problem solve complaints, answer and follow-up on enquiries about services, venues, policies, procedures, operations from external agencies, governments and other departments
- Prepare various contracts, legal agreements, leases, extensions, requests for proposals, requests for quotations, etc., ensuring compliance with required authorizations. Compile specifications and supporting schedules as required
- Proactive scheduling of human resource management tasked to the Manager; including coordination of one on one meetings, performance appraisals, staff development forms, work plans, printing and sorting resumes, editing job descriptions and job postings to ensure branch compliance with organization’s timeline expectation
- Schedule, organize and assist with internal and external meetings, workshops and events (branch, inter-branch, departmental and inter-departmental)
- As Department Records Representative, manage departmental corporate records electronically in the Enterprise Content Management (ECM) system; determine security permissions, move, delete and archive records. Provide leadership, guidance and advice to the branch staff for their record management compliance and responsibilities
- Create new forms or revise existing forms, ensuring proper internal protocol and procedures are followed in liaison with Legislative and Legal Services as appointed department Forms Representative
- Appointment as Commissioner for Oaths in and for the Province of Alberta to administer oaths, taking and receiving affidavits, declarations and affirmations as defined by Section 6 of the Commissioners for Oaths Act, Government of Alberta in execution of County required business
- Assist with contract management, Capital Project tracking and planning review process
Skills and Abilities
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office products and business equipment
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with attention to detail
- Effective critical and analytical thinking, and problem solving
- Excellent customer service skills, diplomacy and tact
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Knowledge and previous experience in planning review process
- Ability to maintain discretion and respect confidentiality
- High degree of flexibility, adaptability and leadership skills
- High School Diploma with one year minimum of experience
- Post-secondary certificate or diploma in office administration or related field is considered an asset
- Experience supporting a Manager or as a senior administrative team member
- Familiarity with software such as Signagelive and Trumba software is an asset
- Previous municipal experience is an asset
Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered. In addition to providing a dynamic working environment, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies for similar positions within the next 6 months.
Competition #321-2018-EXT-RPC closes January 6, 2019
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We only contact candidates selected for interviews.
A cover letter must be submitted along with a resume describing the interest in this position.