Are you an enthusiastic and motivated Heavy Duty Mechanic or Heavy Equipment Technician? If so we have an exciting opportunity in our Fleet Services department.
- Apply the standard knowledge, skills and practices of the Heavy Duty Mechanic/Heavy Equipment Technician trade
- Perform all maintenance, service and repair work on all types of vehicles and equipment used within Strathcona County
- Capable of working independently and with limited immediate supervision
- Submit detailed documentation upon completion of vehicle and equipment repairs
- Complete all assigned work within assigned time standards
Skills and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of on road, off road equipment and related equipment repair practices, procedures, and preventative maintenance requirements
- Knowledge of current electronic diagnostic programs for chassis and body systems
- Ability to work with a large group and train apprentices with limited supervision
- Ability to perform to written or oral instructions
- Knowledge and experience with working in a Fleet Management Program
- Completion of an approved apprenticeship in the trade and possession of a Heavy Duty ON road and OFF road Mechanic/Heavy Equipment Technician Journeyman certificate
- Experience working on various types of on road and off road equipment is considered an asset
- Possession of a valid Class 3 Alberta driver’s license
- Q endorsement (air brakes)
- Ability to achieve Provincial Commercial Vehicle Inspection Program (CVIP) status
- Basic computer experience
- Condition of Employment:
- Successful candidates are required to provide a driver’s abstract with less than 7 demerits and an acceptable criminal record check
Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered. In addition to providing a dynamic working environment, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies for similar positions within the next 6 months.
Competition #315-2018-EXT-FES closes December 16, 2018
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We only contact candidates selected for interviews.
A cover letter must be submitted along with a resume describing the interest in this position.