Are you ready for a dynamic and professional administrative career in a legal environment? Do you have passion, drive and a forward-thinking attitude?
We are looking for a courageous contributor who can navigate schedules and handle competing priorities with ease. You have a keen eye for detail, you’re creative, thrive on deadlines and love to laugh. To be successful, you will need to be professional, polite, and attentive while maintaining a high degree of accuracy. You believe in the power of a slide deck, have exceptional time-management skills, and manage your ’to-do’ list like an expert.
If you can picture yourself successful in this type of role, we want you on our collaborative and fun-loving legal team!
- Demonstrate excellent initiative and personal judgement in order to provide effective support to the Director; including taking proactive steps to keep the Director well informed, organized and prepared
- Manage Director’s schedule using knowledge and discretion of priorities; review calendar, reschedule meetings, monitor timing of upcoming meetings
- Manage e-mails and other correspondence on behalf of the Director with discretion; review council meeting agendas and minutes, track action items, research and coordinate information for reports and presentations
- Arrange meetings, including taking and distributing minutes, connect with stakeholders, prepare meeting packages, coordinate conference and travel arrangements
- Assist the Director in drafting documents and presentations as well as proofread information received for the Director’s approval
- Coordinate office support functions to ensure effective and efficient day to day office operations
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to strategize, plan, and prioritize work; working under pressure and within strict timelines
- Strong attention to detail and well-developed research skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision; take initiative, use good judgment, employ problem solving and reasoning skills
- Ability to deal with confidential matters in a discreet and professional manner
- Leadership and supervisory skills with the ability to train, coach and motivate staff, as well as encourage and actively demonstrate teamwork
- Ability to work with staff of all levels, from senior executives and other levels of government to staff on the frontlines with tact and diplomacy
- Excellent computer skills, including high proficiency in Microsoft Office (O365)
- Diploma or certificate in office administration, legal assistant, or a related field
- Five years of progressively more responsible and directly related office administration experience; including experience supporting senior level management
- Municipal government experience in a related role is preferred; experience working in a political environment is an asset
- Supervisory experience would be an asset
Conditions of Employment
- Submission of Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
In addition to providing a dynamic working environment, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment assessment at the Strathcona County Human Resources office as well as provide proof of educational and professional credentials as noted in the resume.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies for similar positions within the next 6 months.
Competition #314-2019-EXT-LLS closes December 4, 2019
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We only contact candidates selected for interviews.
A cover letter must be submitted along with a resume describing the interest in this position.