Youth Programs is currently seeking skating and yoga instructors to be added on to our contact list and fill a few vacant positions for the winter 2019 session. Once an instructor is added to our contact list they will be notified of all instructing opportunities throughout the year.
- Deliver high quality recreational classes
- Develop and implement creative, age appropriate lesson plans
- Incorporate physical literacy and fundamental movement skills into weekly classes
- Provide participants with the opportunity to engage in a balance of structured and non-structured activities and drills
- Collaborate and positively interact with the Youth Programming team
Skills and Abilities
- Positive, proven leadership and team-building skills
- Proven time-management skills and possess the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills
- Ability to adapt to changing work environments and demands
- A high school diploma and enrolled in a post-secondary institution in recreation, physical education, kinesiology, or related degree
- Sport specific coaching and/or instructing experience
- Experience working with children ages of 4Y-15Y
- Proven ability to maintain high standards of safety, quality, and cooperation
Required – Current First Aid, CPR (Level C) certification, Criminal record check/Vulnerable sector check (within the past 6 months)
Asset – High Five® Principles of Healthy Child Development (must be obtained within 6 months of signing first contract), NCCP
Wage ranges from $25 per class to $40 per class based on education, experience and class registration.
TO APPLY PLEASE SEND YOUR RESUME TO:
Department Contact: Amanda Johnson
Competition #314-2018-EXT-RPC closes December 22, 2018
Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies for similar positions within the next 6 months.