Are you seeking an incredible career opportunity, where you can make a difference and work with a vibrant and dynamic Recreation, Parks and Culture team?
As a Housekeeper III you will typically work Tuesday to Saturday from 6 p.m. to 2 a.m., ensuring the facility cleanliness is the highest level to exceed guest expectations. As part of the Millennium Place supervisory team, you will supervise the Housekeeper I and II’s with a sound understanding of safe and effective janitorial practices.
- Lead, supervise and train hourly Housekeeper I and II’s; provide immediate and specific feedback to assist with guest service issues and job performance
- Assist with recruitment, scheduling, and monitoring attendance; participate in meetings and facility initiatives
- Perform tasks such as payroll reporting, updating Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), maintaining product and supply inventories, preparing and updating maintenance checklists, conducting inspections, ensuring equipment is in working condition, performing minor facility and preventative maintenance, planning and leading safety meetings, and managing the work of onsite contractors
- Perform OH&S duties according to standard and safety guidelines, identify potential hazards and adapt behaviour to changing work environments
- Communicate and collaborate with the Housekeeper IV, peers and supervisors to maintain facility cleanliness, promptly respond to housekeeping requests, report facility equipment deficiencies and perform guest service duties in a courteous and positive manner
Skills and Abilities
- Effective interpersonal, supervision and leadership ability to work with diverse groups, respond to issues and contribute to team efforts
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Effective time management, initiative and flexibility to adapt to changing circumstances
- Knowledge of janitorial machine equipment, safe work practices and preventative maintenance procedures
- Basic Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) skills
- High School diploma
- Three years of janitorial experience, including experience with MSDS and WHMIS controlled products
- Current First Aid certification, with CPR © and AED is required
- Building maintenance experience is an asset
- Previous supervisory experience is an asset
Conditions of Employment
- Ability and willingness to work irregular hours, typically night shift Tuesday thru Saturday from 6:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m.
- Submission of Satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Check
- Valid Alberta Class 5 Driver’s licence and submission of a Driver’s Abstract with less than 7 demerits
- Ability to perform physical labour as part of the job duties and stand/walk for extended periods of time
In addition to providing a dynamic working environment, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies for similar positions within the next 6 months.
Competition #308-2019-EXT-RPC closes December 1, 2019
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We only contact candidates selected for interviews.
A cover letter must be submitted along with a resume describing the interest in this position.