This posting is for 1 temporary, full-time position for up to 18 months
The Assistant Facility Supervisor, Services, directs aspects of facility operations related to services, programs, guest attractions and retention, and assists the facility supervisor with all other aspects of facility operations. This includes assistance with managing and leading a strong operational service-oriented team, expense budgets, establishing recreational services and operations to achieve organizational objectives and results. The Assistant Facility Supervisor will have a proven ability to ensure health and safety, manage risks, maintain budgets, provide service delivery and maximize utilization and opportunities to ensure continuous operation for guest and staff.
- Coordinate the systems, procedures and processes that support the delivery of services in areas that include: Wellness;Spontaneous Use, Child Care, Housekeeping, Leases and Service agreements
- Develop and manage a strong operating team of staff through recruitment, training, leading and coaching
- Implement, monitor and promote wellness and recreational programs in order to ensure that all residents are aware of the available opportunities and activities. Assist with establishing facility processes that encompass the development and review of structured and unstructured products and services. Awareness of trends, market shifts and innovative opportunities
- Examine systems, procedures and processes to increase efficiency and/or capitalize on utilization opportunities
- Assist the facility supervisor with budget responsibilities including development and monitoring
Skills and Abilities
- Strong supervisory abilities including well-developed leadership skills to motivate, direct staff and foster a sense of teamwork for 18 full time and over 270 staff
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Sound organizational, analytical and problem skills
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities, manage and balance a variety of interests and objectives and stressful situations
- Experience in managing budgets and planning
- Understanding and awareness of trends, market conditions and opportunities
- Understanding and experience with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Code and Emergency Preparedness
- Ability to lift, carry equipment, work evenings and weekends/varying shifts and hours
- Degree in Recreation Administration, Business or related discipline with a minimum of 3-5 years in a supervisory capacity for progressively responsible roles, preferably in a large multi-functional recreation facility setting
- Technical training in the following areas is an asset: Alberta Recreation Facility Personnel (RFP), Arena and Pool Operators I & II, Standard First Aid and CPR (level HCP), Hazard Assessment training, Incident Report and Investigation training, WHMIS site specific, Fire Extinguisher training, Understanding the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Regulation and Code course, Leadership for Safety Excellence course
Conditions of Employment:
- Required to carry a cell phone/pager
- Travel is necessary; driver’s abstract required
- Satisfactory criminal record and vulnerable sector check
Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered. In addition to providing a dynamic working environment, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials as noted in the resume
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies for similar positions within the next 6 months.
Competition #306-2019-EXT-RPC closes November 24, 2019
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We only contact candidates selected for interviews.
A cover letter must be submitted along with a resume describing the interest in this position.