This posting is for 1 temporary, full-time position for up to 2 years
As the Procurement Administrator you will provide support to senior level office management and administrative support to the Manager, Procurement Services. You will be responsible for the majority of the administrative, clerical and JDE functions that support the Procurement Services Branch. You will also be responsible for high-quality professional presentation of all documents issued both internally and externally.
- Provide excellent customer service as the first point of contact for Procurement Services Branch to internal and external clients
- Develop, implement and maintain administrative systems and procedures to support the work
- Maintain and update procurement data, setup and maintenance of procurement files
- Facilitate the creation of contracts resulting from a Public Procurement Process and track contracts throughout the execution process
- Ensure that a comprehensive library of standard procurement and contracting documents, tools, procedures and processes are maintained
- Ensure procurement documents are error free and comply with the established standards for content, consistency and accuracy of format and ease of use
- Administer the master vendor database in JDE according to the set protocols and supporting documentation verifications
- Provide Procurement Module troubleshooting assistance
- Coordinate requests for completion of vendor credit applications and submit standard response letter to Manager for sign-off
- Manage a current reference list for the Standard Credit Letter
Skills and Abilities
- Strong Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills within a changing work environment
- Exceptional communications skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to exercise discretion and tact in dealing with internal and external customers as well as maintain confidentiality within an open, political environment
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Successful completion of a Diploma in Office Administration, Legal Administration, Business Administration or related field
- Minimum 5 years of related experience preferably in a Procurement or Legal environment
- Completion of a recognized Supply Chain Certificate or Diploma program would be an asset
- Knowledge of contract terms and conditions, tendering processes and procedures
Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered. In addition to providing a dynamic working environment, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials as noted in the resume
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies for similar positions within the next 6 months.
Competition #293-2019-EXT-PRO closes November 6, 2019
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We only contact candidates selected for interviews.
A cover letter must be submitted along with a resume describing the interest in this position.