Are you a people person with a practical approach to policy development, facilitation and change management?
If so, here’s an exciting opportunity to be creative and inspiring as a Manager of Workforce Planning and Development, where you will get to actively lead and participate in many organization wide projects, initiatives, HR programs and services.
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, you will be providing leadership and expertise in the development and delivery of workforce planning and development policies, programs and services to ensure we have the right talent in the right place at the right time.
- Develop and implement programs and strategies that support talent management
- Manage multiple projects to translate programs and initiative concepts into strategies to influence employee attraction, retention and engagement
- Lead efforts to inform and engage management, employees and HR in identifying desired outcomes and support project goals
- Support the stewardship of the People Plan
- Develop, deliver and administer programs to support learning and development needs
- Lead initiatives to enhance and support Organizational effectiveness
- Provide leadership and work with external experts to prepare for, execute and report on the biannual employee engagement survey
- Contribute to the identification, development and implementation of improvement and strategic initiatives contained within the business plan
- Effectively manage projects approved through the business planning and budget process projects to advance Workforce Planning and Development programs
- Proactively coordinate and collaborate with other areas of HR to ensure a holistic approach to complex issues and projects
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent facilitation, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to positively influence others, and earn trust and cooperation
- Highly developed interpersonal and collaboration skills, strong personal integrity, ethical conduct and a service excellence focus
- Excellent supervisory and management skills to develop and mentor towards team excellence
- Ability to successfully manage concurrent multiple projects, research and implement continuous improvement and develop change management strategies
- Ability to diagnose and handle complex workplace issues, problem solve and mediate positive workplace resolutions
- Broad understanding of Human Resource management with an ability to apply the underlying legislation, principles and theory
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or related area with a minimum of 10 years of directly related experience
- Related experience such as research, collaboration, leadership, project management, facilitation and strategy development is required
- Experience in developing programs, policies and strategies, workforce planning as well as training and development
- Current Certification as a Human Resources Professional (CPHR) is an asset
- Certification in Project Management is an asset
Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered. In addition to providing a dynamic working environment, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies for similar positions within the next 6 months.
Competition 268-2018-EXT-HRS closes October 19, 2018
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We only contact candidates selected for interviews.
A cover letter must be submitted along with a resume describing the interest in this position.