Are you an enthusiastic and motivated Heavy Duty Mechanic or Heavy Equipment Technician? If so, we have an exciting opportunity in our Fleet Services department.
- Apply the standard knowledge, skills and practices of the Heavy Duty Mechanic/Heavy Equipment Technician trade.
- Perform all maintenance, service and repair work on all transit buses/coaches, vehicles and equipment used within Strathcona County.
- Capable of working independently and with limited immediate supervision.
- Submit detailed documentation upon completion of vehicle, equipment and bus repairs.
- Complete all assigned work within assigned time standards.
Skills and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of transit buses/coaches and related equipment repair practices, procedures, and preventative maintenance requirements would be an asset but is not required
- Knowledge of current electronic diagnostic programs for chassis and body systems.
- Ability to work with a large group and train apprentices with limited supervision.
- Ability to perform written or oral instructions.
- Knowledge and experience with working in a Fleet Management Program.
- Completion of an approved apprenticeship in the trade and possession of a Heavy Duty Mechanic/Heavy Equipment Technician Journeyman certificate.
- Experience working on Nova Bus, Alexander Dennis Double Deck and Prevost Highway Coach is considered an asset.
- Possession of a valid Class 3 Alberta driver’s license.
- Q endorsement (air brakes).
- Ability to achieve Provincial Commercial Vehicle Inspection Program (CVIP) status.
- Basic computer experience.
- Condition of Employment:
- Successful candidates are required to provide a driver’s abstract with less than 7 demerits and an acceptable criminal record check.
Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered. In addition to providing a dynamic working environment, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies for similar positions within the next 6 months.
Competition #265-2018-EXT-FES closes November 11, 2018
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We only contact candidates selected for interviews.
A cover letter must be submitted along with a resume describing the interest in this position.