This posting is for multiple casual positions
The Electronic Voice Entry (EVE) Assistant provides administrative and operational support services on a rotating shift basis to on-duty RCMP officers, utilizes various computer systems such as PROS, CPIC, JOIN and CIIDS to provide information, process files and perform maintenance on investigation files.
- Assist the RCMP General Duty watch members by using computer systems to monitor and update to all operational occurrences, receive calls, create and process files and court packages, provide clerical support, store and retrieve Vehicle Information and Communication System footage, prepare Prosecutor Information Sheet and information for after-hours charges for bail hearings
- Assist Court Detail and Municipal Police Assistants, review court files for required documents, conclude PROS files, prepare related correspondence and documents
- Provide general office support and customer service
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Criminal Code, Municipal Bylaws, Traffic Safety Act and Provincial Statutes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written), combined with judgement, tact and discretion
- Strong time management and decision-making skills, with the ability to work with minimal supervision under stressful conditions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and RCMP software (PROS, CPIC, JOIN, CIIDS)
- High School Diploma with three years of related experience
- Post-secondary education or certificate in Emergency Communications and Response is an asset
- Completion of RCMP PROS User Course
Conditions of Employment
- Ability to secure an RCMP Enhanced Reliability Security Clearance
Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered. In addition to providing a dynamic working environment, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials as noted in the resume.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies for similar positions within the next 6 months.
Competition #260-2019-EXT-RCM closes September 22, 2019
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We only contact candidates selected for interviews.
A cover letter must be submitted along with a resume describing the interest in this position.