This posting is for 1 hourly position up to December 31, 2019
This position provides routine facility maintenance tasks and tenant services for a variety of Municipal facilities for Strathcona County including Community Halls, Senior Center’s, County Hall, the Community Centre, Emergency Services, RCMP, and Recreation Facilities.
- Ensure the safe and correct operation of facility building equipment, systems, finishes and environment
- Provide general maintenance service for the tenant and building such as non-trade certificate repairs, snow clearing and site maintenance, and completes assigned work orders and service requests
- Assist Facility Operator III in the preventative maintenance work required of HVAC
- Assist tradesmen as required to complete minor or major repairs to facilities major systems such as plumbing, electrical and refrigeration repairs and service
- Monitor and adjust building controls as required to maintain comfortable operations
- Assist in the preventative / predictive maintenance work required of HVAC, plumbing and electrical, refrigeration repairs and service
- Maintain preventative maintenance records, manuals and task ensuring efficiencies within the operations of equipment with facilities
- Provide assistance to the event coordinators for the set up and use of the common meeting rooms, aide in the audio/visual set up and take down
- Assist the tenants of the buildings with furniture repairs and office moves
- Provide general maintenance services for the tenants and buildings in general
Skills and Abilities
- General knowledge of building systems, including electrical, plumbing, and HVAC
- Handyman skills for building hardware and fixtures
- Ability to sort through mechanical problems and resolve timely and efficiently
- Assemble and maintaining furniture and modular furniture systems
- Be able to work from heights and roofs
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to follow safe work practices for work being performance by individuals or service contractors
- Good understand of life safety systems, security and building automation
- High School Diploma with a minimum of three years’ experience working in a related work environment
- 5th Class Power engineering certificate would be considered an asset
Conditions of Employment
- Submission of Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Valid Alberta Class 5 Driver’s licence and submission of a Driver’s Abstract with less than 7 demerits
- Ability to lift and carry heavy items (75 lbs) and work in awkward or confined areas for extended periods of time
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies for similar positions within the next 6 months.
Competition #245-2019-EXT-FAC closes September 2, 2019
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We only contact candidates selected for interviews.
A cover letter must be submitted along with a resume describing the interest in this position.